Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Beta 300RR

Rode 2 different Beta 300RRs, one was OEM stock the other was with TBT suspension mods to the forks and shock.

Very well engineered standard layout machines with all the industry standard EU supplier components. A very nice Estart arrangement. The 300cc 2T engine is very used friendly with loads of enduro electric power low rpm power. The TBT fork modded model was right there with the 2013 KTM300XC-W forks (that are super well OEM setup enduro/xc forks).

Nice alternative to the mainstream machines and arguably the best of the few smaller brands of 300cc 2T bikes (TM Racing, Sherco, Gas Gas etc).

Beta has been really on the scene with top tier racing (Purvines Racing and E cross) and showing well in that arena, just to prove US reliability and build quality.

The best thing IMHO that Beta has done is use existing well proven tech and components for all their in house machines. 2Ts V-Force reed cages with Keihin carbs and OEM FMF pipes for example and for their 4Ts Keihin FCR carbs forgoing FI for cost, proven reliability and simplicity.

PS C&D Cycle is our new local San Diego Beta dealer

looks like a really nice bike robert. pretty much the same specs as the ktm 300 but with the estart at the bottom of the engine (can probably toss the e start stuff and battery to save weight anyway). these big bore 2Ts are NOT stall prone like the 4Ts. No drive train drag and flame outs. plus they are super easy to start and always fire up on the first kick if jetting is good. honestly can't see the point in the estart stuff. not to mention tear down and rebuild is so much simpler and cheaper. lots to like about the 2Ts.

looks like a really nice bike robert. pretty much the same specs as the ktm 300 but with the estart at the bottom of the engine (can probably toss the e start stuff and battery to save weight anyway). these big bore 2Ts are NOT stall prone like the 4Ts. No drive train drag and flame outs. plus they are super easy to start and always fire up on the first kick if jetting is good. honestly can't see the point in the estart stuff. not to mention tear down and rebuild is so much simpler and cheaper. lots to like about the 2Ts.

"LIKE" button pressed!

Totally agree with you guys, I pulled the estart off my 12 300XC as 8 pounds of excesses weight I don't need to haul around

Hmmmm....the guy I spoke with said he loved the magic button on his new Beta 300. He had flex bars on his bike too. Some of us older riders like the cushy stuff on our bikes. :coolio:

DD that sounds like a familiar guys bike with those flex bars you ar referring to.

I kicked that guys bike twice with no joy and he said why not just use the button. I did.

That guys TBT suspension on that Beta is at the 95-98% best as it can get. that bike is really really nice.