Logroller

Corral Canyon 7/6/13 evening run

xr650lnoob and I decided on an evening run out at Corral Canyon on Saturday. The temps were looking semi-promising so we took the chance. Started riding around 5:45pm and kept going until 8:30pm. The first hour was still a bit warm when you factor the body heat we generated maneuvering on trail 3's terrain. I'm not exactly sure of the names of the all the places were rode, but 1, 8, and 3 were done. The heat and 3 kind of tuckered us out so we took a rest for a bit, shed our jerseys (rode with just our armor) and by that time our body temps were running great. I did not turn the camera on until we started on one of the outskirt trails, so pretty low key pics.

On the freeway drive out to Corral we got view of a giant plume of smoke. xr650 said it looked like a bomb went off. It was a big one. When we got up to the ranger lookout station later that evening, the plume was scattered due to winds picking up. I attached a couple of pics of the smoke (pulled off the internet). Unfortunately, none of the pics show the big bomb plume we saw. http://calfire.blogspot.com/

Good evening ride.

post-15129-026509300 1373255131_thumb.pn

post-15129-036695900 1373255145_thumb.pn

post-15129-045258400 1373255159_thumb.pn

post-15129-001966900 1373255169_thumb.pn

Like all the other pics, these are actually stills from video. On our return ride back I thought I saw a firefly and my video confirmed it. It's been a long time since I've seen one of these buggers.

Do you see it?

post-15129-034267700 1373255229_thumb.pn

A contemplated rock climb to jump, but the other side did not prove to leave much for exit space.

Righteous. I've never seen a firefly out here. Awesome.

I find you righteous for finding righteousness in my awesome sighting.

I knew someone out there would appreciate, as I did, a candle bug sighting.

That was a fun run!

I'd like to go back and attempt 3a, 3 up and ranger when the temps are lower... without my 50lbs bag :)

Maybe we can post up a group ride specifically for these trails?

That was a fun run!

I'd like to go back and attempt 3a, 3 up and ranger when the temps are lower... without my 50lbs bag :)/>

yes, how about saturday? I'm planning on going out there and the weather looks decent for this time of year.

That was a fun run!

I'd like to go back and attempt 3a, 3 up and ranger when the temps are lower... without my 50lbs bag :)/>/>

yes, how about saturday? I'm planning on going out there and the weather looks decent for this time of year.

I'm out, kid and Pa time.

Have fun and stay hydrated. Hitting those more challenging trails eats up your energy quick with temps in the 80s. Remember, dem dar roks hold heet in da late afernun. You start talking like that after heat exhaustion kicks in.

^

|

|

|

|

These go with the above comment.

Is that the rock off espinosa? Yeah- it drops into a loose creek bed, which quickly transitions to an uphill...ask me how I know.

I've got family in town this weekend so unfortunately, i don't think i will make it.

I will post up a group ride soon.

Is that the rock off espinosa? Yeah- it drops into a loose creek bed, which quickly transitions to an uphill...ask me how I know.

Haha, i would have loved to see that... and i presume you were on the drz?

Yeah- I was on the drz showing off for my kids- I didn't "jump" off it, as much I "dropped" off it

And like lots of stuff out there, it changes with the season and years

Ridgeline used to be easy, then got rutted and difficult, then got graded, then closed...ya never know out there

Parts of Ranger have got worse and some are easier