Sign in to follow this  
Spaugh

9/29/07 lark canyon or inkopah / table mountain area

Ill try again with a little more notice this time. This is for the 29th. The inkopah area might be a bit challenging for me, but I'm down to try and make it up the mountain and maybe all the way to the mine. There are easier trails on the north side of the 8 near table mountain that we could ride or we could go to lark canyon too depending on interest.

If you want to haul ass this is NOT the ride for you. I am a slow poke, but can go a little faster on my 250 so that is what I plan on riding. GREEN STICKER>

How about 9:30 at Inkopah exit at visitors sign: Ready to ride by 10.

Map here:

inkopah

take I-8 to inkopah exit and get off, turn right onto old hwy80 and head back the direction you came about 300yards until you see the sign on the dirt lot on your left. There is a red arrow on the offramp, and a big dirt spot on the map which is the parking/meeting spot.

lots of looker, but no takers. Someone call me if you wanna go ride at InKoPah. Other wise Im gonna head to otay lakes 619-990-0843

I didn't look, but I would've gone...

I ended up wrenching on some bikes and working on the mini track.

I didn't see the post til now... keep posting

lots of looker, but no takers. Someone call me if you wanna go ride at InKoPah. Other wise Im gonna head to otay lakes 619-990-0843

One of my fun play areas. Street Saturday and a tree fell on my fence Sunday that needed my attention. Next time. :D

One of my fun play areas. Street Saturday and a tree fell on my fence Sunday that needed my attention. Next time. :rolleyes:

REVISED FOR THE 29th

Ill try again with a little more notice this time. This is for the 29th. The inkopah area might be a bit challenging for me, but I'm down to try and make it up the mountain and maybe all the way to the mine. There are easier trails on the north side of the 8 near table mountain that we could ride or we could go to lark canyon too depending on interest.

If you want to haul ass this is NOT the ride for you. I am a slow poke, but can go a little faster on my 250 so that is what I plan on riding. GREEN STICKER>

I went to Lark Canyon on Monday... conditions were perfect, and didn't see another bike all day... did a hi speed run to Cottonwood campground, and the host was the only on there.

Did a different way back and the trail was real nice, like they got just enough water to settle things down.

Out for the 29th (work then gig) have fun guys

I could be interested in a trip out to Lark Canyon... that i have done twice now and feel pretty comfortable with. I am not sure where Inkopah is, but i could be up for that if its not too difficult - i am still getting my bearings in the dirt... I will keep an eye on the post and let you know as the week shapes up.

I could be interested in a trip out to Lark Canyon... that i have done twice now and feel pretty comfortable with. I am not sure where Inkopah is, but i could be up for that if its not too difficult - i am still getting my bearings in the dirt... I will keep an eye on the post and let you know as the week shapes up.

there are easy trails there, but they do have sand. The terrain is like lark canyon. I've updated the first post with time and place, let me know.

there are easy trails there, but they do have sand. The terrain is like lark canyon. I've updated the first post with time and place, let me know.

255 hits and not a single taker? Is it the green sticker or no one wants to ride with a new rider? Im gonna go up to northern california this weekend and visit family since there isn't any interest in riding.

I know all the trails trails out in jacumba area like the back of my hand, I just haven't done em on a bike yet. I'll post up again once I've done the trails and am sure I won't hold up the pace... And hopefully I'll have a plated bike that isn't a rolling death trap by then :)

255 hits and not a single taker? Is it the green sticker or no one wants to ride with a new rider? Im gonna go up to northern california this weekend and visit family since there isn't any interest in riding.

I know all the trails trails out in jacumba area like the back of my hand, I just haven't done em on a bike yet. I'll post up again once I've done the trails and am sure I won't hold up the pace... And hopefully I'll have a plated bike that isn't a rolling death trap by then :)

Ahh man. I was waiting to see what the schedule was like. I was going to work on the bike tomorrow and get it prepped for some dirt. Might have to be a sand flea, or maybe do some arrowhead.

I've been looking at this post and two others. The only one that listed a solid itinerary was the street riding one. I have been waiting to see how the remaining ones shaped up, because I have spoken up on a post only to have it fizzle out any way. I have posted a ride or two that had little or no response, even after I put in a firm time and venue. I am going to go on a ride this Saturday, even if it is just my own solo one.

I've been looking at this post and two others. The only one that listed a solid itinerary was the street riding one. I have been waiting to see how the remaining ones shaped up, because I have spoken up on a post only to have it fizzle out any way. I have posted a ride or two that had little or no response, even after I put in a firm time and venue. I am going to go on a ride this Saturday, even if it is just my own solo one.

I hear ya, I found an 07 450 exc with 200 miles on it for a great price up in northern california so I'm gonna head that way tomorrow and visit family and hopefully pick up a new(barely used) bike. I'll post up again next weekend and see if anyone wants to come with me to pop the new pumpkins cherry. :)

Hmmm i sent you a pm about going as long as you know the trails (me plus 2 other riders). didnt hear back from ya. oh well maybe we do it next saturaday with your new 450..ktm rocks! good luck with the purchase.

sonny

whats up sonny, I missed the PM, best bet is just post in the thread. I'm back from sacramento and I got the ktm. I'm going solo tomorrow morning. I'll make a new thread for next weekend in inkopah, and ya I know where all the trails are around there so no sweat on getting lost <_<

grats on the bike, i will look out for the post? when you going to ride, sat or sun? sat is better for me, kinda a football fan.