Sign in to follow this  
TrophyHunter

Kafe tie down clamp

With all the stuff we put on our bikes, sometimes finding a place for a tie down is a challenge. Wandering the 'net, I found THESE interesting.

That's a pretty good idea. I had a tie down idea a few years ago that I've considered working on, but this one is better.

If my Husky fell over in the back of the truck and broke the clutch lever a new one is about $50.00, (hydraulic)

Those do look cool, but also expensive!

Just some thought.

in the early 2000s SBK guys got away from "canyon dancers" style grip tiedowns because of issues with damage to the throttle tube.

Might be something the think about.

Just some thought.

in the early 2000s SBK guys got away from "canyon dancers" style grip tiedowns because of issues with damage to the throttle tube.

Might be something the think about.

I still have one of these from my R1/CBR days. I use now to lift my KLR from the rafters. Used correctly they are great. If you over pull on them then you can do some throttle damage. Used mine for about ten years with no issues. Def clears the fairings and body parts. Soft strap in the middle keeps the tank shiny. You can also use the tie-down shortys to get the same effect.

post-15232-005928700 1371325771_thumb.jp

Just some thought.

Might be something the think about..

Yup. The site addresses that and says "no damage" but I don't have any experience with 'em...