boat440

Make This "The Ride" To Talk About, 10-6 & 10-7

Guest Numbskull

I am going to pass on the Barstow ride but I'm looking forward to the lone pine trip. I would like to haul my bike up and back---- carpool anyone???? Steve are you planning a pre trip meetup? Michael 6198502742

It's about time- some adventure!! Let's got together and work out the logistics asap I need to reserve a spot for my fur people, get new tires and rain gear etc. Michael

Mike,

Ok, I'll call you.

We can meet in Barstow at the Chevron gas station in Barstow. It's 1/4 mile off the I-15, use the Lenwood exit. The Tangers outlet mall is there also. The Chevron address is 2890 Lenwood Rd, Barstow, CA 92311, 760-253-4076.

If you have a GPS the waypoint is: N34 15.019 w 117 04.0978

Or from San Diego we can follow each other.

Steve...

Are you sure you don't work for the Tropicana? Dang you make it sound so fun ! Being that I'm just one man and one motorcycle and somewhat of a poor planner, I probably won't make this ride. I'm totally stoked up for the Ridgecrest/Lonepine route you outlined previously though. I hope to make it out for that one when you reschedule, and who knows, maybe I'll see you in Barstow too. I have to let the idea simmer for a little while, and in the mean time I'll be digging in my couch for some spare funding. The sad fact is that I can't really afford to just jump off and take all the trips I would like to take. If I could I would probably never be home at all. <_< One way or another, I'm sure we'll meet soon and I hope that you'll show me a little hospitality and roost me good. Lord knows I deserve it. :scratch_one-s_head:

Made the reservations so I’m still in! Now I just need to learn how to ride a bike in the dirt. :scratch_one-s_head:

Roger

Made the reservations so I’m still in! Now I just need to learn how to ride a bike in the dirt. <_<

Roger

Excellent glad you can make it!

As far as riding in the dirt? Sort of reminds me of the movie "Conehead" with Beldar (Dan Aykroyd) learns to drive by reading the owners manual. Who reads those?

I'm sure you will be find. I'll PM you my number.

Hey does your bike have hand guards? Not the flimsy stock type or brush guards. You should have the type that wrap around your controls and connects with 2 points. They mount to the handlebar end by cutting a hole in the grips. Some places on the trail have Manzanita trees and the spikes on these trees are nasty. When you ride you could graze one of these trees. Getting a 2" needle in your hand is no fun. :scratch_one-s_head: To make the ride safer you may want to invest in a pair. Acerbis makes them in polypropylene or a composite aluminum/propylene in many many colors. There about $40 for the polypropylene and $60 with the aluminum. They can also save your levers or perches from breaking in the unlikely event of a fall. Anyway just a suggestion, the first time I rode the Mojave trail I did not have them.

Steve...

Are you sure you don't work for the Tropicana? Dang you make it sound so fun ! Being that I'm just one man and one motorcycle and somewhat of a poor planner, I probably won't make this ride. I'm totally stoked up for the Ridgecrest/Lonepine route you outlined previously though. I hope to make it out for that one when you reschedule, and who knows, maybe I'll see you in Barstow too. I have to let the idea simmer for a little while, and in the mean time I'll be digging in my couch for some spare funding. The sad fact is that I can't really afford to just jump off and take all the trips I would like to take. If I could I would probably never be home at all. <_< One way or another, I'm sure we'll meet soon and I hope that you'll show me a little hospitality and roost me good. Lord knows I deserve it. :scratch_one-s_head:

Hey Pyro,

No stipend from the "Trop", but wish I did. Saturday nights are the most expensive, the next day the rooms are nearly half price.

Do mark that calendar for 11/10-11/11. At the highest elevations we might hit snow. Snowball fight!!! Have you ever done donuts with your motorcycle???

See you on the trail, Steve...

Sooooo... Is the Ridgecrest ride off :angry: , postponed :o , moved to a different location <_< , scrapped in lieu of the November ride :scratch_one-s_head: ? Maybe I just didn't read thoroughly enough... :unsure:

Sooooo... Is the Ridgecrest ride off :huh: , postponed :o , moved to a different location :unsure: , scrapped in lieu of the November ride :scratch_one-s_head: ? Maybe I just didn't read thoroughly enough... :fool:

Ride-Orange:

The Ridgecrest (Death Valley) ride was postponed to 11/10-11/11 due to no rooms available in Lone Pine. See post 21 for details.

In it's place for 10/6- 10/7 is a Mojave ride. See post 25 for details.

Hope you can make it, Steve...

Ok, so who is going on the ridgecrest / death valley ride? It’s about a month away so make plans now. (Hint buy her flowers for the week before you ask to go, it works for me) :lol: . That should be a 3 day weekend for a lot of us. Of course I’m scheduled to work that weekend so I’ll have to vacation it off :lol: . I’m looking forward to this ride and seeing some of you again. (That is if I survive the Mojave ride) :lol: .

Roger

Guest Numbskull

I'm Down!! looking forward to it -- carpool anyone? Call me 6198502742 (I never ck. this thing for messages) Michael

Sooooo... Is the Ridgecrest ride off :o , postponed :D , moved to a different location :blink: , scrapped in lieu of the November ride :unsure: ? Maybe I just didn't read thoroughly enough... :lol:

The Ridgecrest (Death Valley) ride was postponed to 11/10-11/11 due to no rooms available in Lone Pine. See post 21 for details.

Hope you can make it, Steve...

Is there another post for this ride? Is it still on? Did the GPS track get posted? :P Ken

Guest Numbskull

I am still planning on this trip!! What's the latest, hotels, carpools and pre ride meetup

Joliet, Numbskull & others

The ride is still on.

Will have e-mail post tonight on the arrangements.

We have 3 options for certain sections: Hard, Easy & Road. This will allow all abilities and motorcycle types to join.

Should we plan a pre-ride meeting for carpooling? If yes, are there any favored dates next week?

Steve...