Sign in to follow this  
Metal Twister

What a Bunch of Cool Cats!

I was a little late at the shop tonight when a good friend called to say he wanted to come by and say hi. when I went out to unlock the gate I found another friend on his 950 Ktm parked at the gate. Within a few minutes another stop by. While the four of us were talking I relized that we all knew alot of the same people. What was really interesting to me was that I have known one guy for about 35 years. One for a few months, and another for a couple of hours whom I met on a SDAR ride. I felt like I knew them all for ever. The common denominator being motorcycles, and SDAR.

I am always amazed at how comfortable I am around this club. I can ride a dual sport ride with you for a couple of hours and feel like I've known you forever. I guess that could be good, or bad? :(:angry:

But at any rate I can honestly say that I havn't met a person here that I dislike. I really enjoy meeting up for a ride, and seeing the faces that I havent seen since the last. Its like meeting up with life long friends. Tonight I got to share a few beers with some great guys. Whats cool is there is a whole club full of em at SDAR. Thanks for letting me hang with you guys, my life is richer by just knowing you. Bob

I agree about the club :( Back in the 70s and 80s I never seemed to lack for riding company, but by the 90s, most of the people I knew who rode quit, especially dirt riding. By 1995, I was doing very little riding except for street. I decided in the year 2000, that I had wasted to much time not dirt riding, so I started up again. I didn't have anybody to ride with. Occasionally I would find people to go with, but just didn't seem to get the right "fit" with anyone (people were flakes,busy, didn't like the venue, the weather, etc.) I am really glad to have found San Diego Adventure Riders. :angry:

I think the Chief Gunner coined it in a word; Reciprocity - you get what you give. Particularly you Bob :( You have an easy way about you that makes people feel as though they can speak easy and be thought of as an unconditionally accepted friend :angry: . I'm glad to have met everyone here, be it on line or in person, and I look forward to all of our adventures to come.

I started to type a heart-felt response about the way I feel about the members of this club, but I found it too difficult to type and keep an eye out for the giant Milwaukee's Best can that was sure to crush me any moment :( . So I am just going to give you all one of these. :angry: Ken