I thought I'd share some photos, and a video (kind of long) of the 4 of us... riding to Tecate for lunch.

Of coarse, all of us are CA Licensed bikes and M1 endorsed riders (there, got the legal facts first).

We departed out of Bonita, from my Dad's house and where I lived from '77 (10yrs old) to '87.

.... we left about 9 or 9:30 AM

Here's the video;

Excuse the initial dirty lens problem at 1:16 to 3:48 ... it's not me being *private*. I think it came from water off my packs hydration tube. blush.gif

We ate in Tecate... had the best tacos (as you'll see), and took off for home.

Some of the way home, we took the super easy route (following the border and border fence road), so I didn't video much of it.

I have to admit, I always eat too much for lunch on these treks

All in all, a 105 mile day.

Here's some of the those typical photos;

monument250-0255_zps2f7c0b7f.jpg

P1011076_zps679d8a5f.jpg

P1011077_zps6434d021.jpg

P1011086_zps8dd6f976.jpg

P1011078_zps6941c638.jpg

P1011092_zpsf2aacd27.jpg

P1011083_zps20a7cdaa.jpg

P1011091_zps0060b196.jpg

P1011085_zps7a29beca.jpg

P1011088_zps51a6ba89.jpg

Great weather for a ride. Nice pix, looks like home.

I am cramping up just looking at that video! :o

I don't know who this Johnny is but remind me to never let him lead a noob ride!

I am cramping up just looking at that video! ohmy.gif

I don't know who this Johnny is but remind me to never let him lead a noob ride!

LOL... That's the intermediate+ ride. A noob ride, would go around the rutted out rocky stuff. wink.gif

I am cramping up just looking at that video! ohmy.gif

LOL... That's the intermediate+ ride.

what's the date on that one again? :smile_anim:

what's the date on that one again? smile_anim.gif

No date (yet)... but I do know, I can't make it until AFTER my "Tecate to San Felipe" ride April 6th.

... stay tuned, I guess.

Looks like fun. I am still trying to piece the section from where you came out on HWY 94 through Tecate Peak into town. So far not having much luck staying in the dirt. Most of the hills off the main rodes that the BP uses are just to steep on the southern slopes My friend and I got kicked off the the border fence section that you took home last time we rode out there a few weeks ago. I was just in Tecate a week or so and found a nice short cut into the line. It is west of where you entered. If interested PM me and I will provide waypoint.

Andrew

Looks like fun. I am still trying to piece the section from where you came out on HWY 94 through Tecate Peak into town. So far not having much luck staying in the dirt. Most of the hills off the main rodes that the BP uses are just to steep on the southern slopes My friend and I got kicked off the the border fence section that you took home last time we rode out there a few weeks ago. I was just in Tecate a week or so and found a nice short cut into the line. It is west of where you entered. If interested PM me and I will provide waypoint.

Andrew

Andrew

Yes sir... a blast! ...I'm dropping in a Rekluse tomorrow, and next ride it'll be even easier (yet still FUN!). I'm geared a bit high for some of that slippery rutted out, and rocky terrain.

... I don't know what "tecate peak" is. I guess I could look on a map. DOH (unless it's the one with all the towers, and a 9 mile road to the top). But, the BP has stopped me ONCE. They told me I can't be anywhere East of Marron Valley Rd, due to the water company now owning it. Well, sorry fellas... until someone cites me for being on private land, I'll pass on by with a wave every time (seems every BP I talk to - I get a different story). Being kicked off the border fence? How?... once there, you can only go East or West for the most part. ...and ya, I know of the shorter routes into the border line, but we were over to the East of the actual entrance after we ate (to visit another store). So we just ran the whole line of NO vehicles. Kind of cool, to only have 4 cars ahead of you.