robertaccio

Idaho City 100 ISDE Qualifier 2013 version

I'd love to join you. I'll keep it at that until May. Hopefully I can give you an answer before then.

I am signed up for 2DAY in 50A.

Committed..... long drive, long 2 days of riding, beautiful mountains of Idaho setting. If anyone is going hit me up the caravan will leave on Thurs 30 MAY

paging SicVic to the white courtesy phone in the lobby

What better way to prepare for your tour of Idaho than to go to Idaho?

All said and done we are heading up on Thurs.

And I will ride my DS legal TE310 for this Idaho mountain trail ride.

So I will really get the FIM 2 day enduro (ISDE) feel, my bike will be FIM legal except-no horn and no countershaft sprocket cover.

on site Idaho insider info....

Who wants an update??????

K. Weather and Conditions. Rode Saturday -- been very dry. Course was dry, but not in bad shape. Very slippery just because of all the loose dust and decomposed granite. Rained hard Sunday evening and Monday and into today. Monday was epic. Perfect traction.

Weather is supposed to be around 75 both days and sunny. Ground conditions are a bit variable as its still raining today. I would expect the rain to stop soon and the course to begin to dry out by the race. How dry? Only time will tell. I can tell you that the weather system that dumped the rain did a huge favor. Even if it dries out some -- the conditions will be better than just last week.

Course. In a word -- Brutal. They are running it on the North East section of the Idaho City area on course they haven't used much since 2007. There are some sections of trail that are a bit on the technical side. To get out to this harder stuff -- you have to pound a fair amount of whoops to get there and spend time on the stuff that gets blown out. Its always tough. This year promises to be a little bit tougher. That being said there are going to be around 40 miles or truly awesome singletrack. Some really really excellent stuff.

Good luck guys. Wish I could make it up there but have obligations in town Saturday and will probably go clear trail on Sunday.

You don't need to make me any more jealous. It'll be epic, I expect lots of pictures from the course and a full report upon your return. :coolio:

Enjoy it buddy, good luck to you.

You know me Im not a big take time for fotos guy, but it is a nat isde qualifier so there should be plenty of viddy and still shots and other coverage. Thanks for the good wishes-step #1 get there!, goal #1 finish, goal #2 dont finish last in class!!! (50A class) "To finish first,first you must finish"......

galleries from past years.

http://www.boiseridgeriders.org/gallery.html

Yeah yeah. Maintain your quick pace throughout and you'll do fine. Just remember the old running rule, "for every second you are off your pace in the beginning you'll be two seconds off at the end".

If I can ever get you into the mountains to ride. While we're sitting around the campfire I want to hear all about it.

50A class super sen ex.

Day 1 P1 on gold medal time, 6 50A riders started 50% (3) class of 6 DNF rate, 5 riders signed for 2 days race.

Day 2 P4 on bronze medal time, 10 riders signed, 3 DNS (2 Sat DNF guys)(and 1 sat finisher threw in the towel for sun), then 2 more DNF (1 2 day rider and 1 Sun rider).

5 Sunday class finishers, 1-2 and 3 all fresh sun 1 day racers, me and the other 1 day rider.

I was the only 2 day rider in 50A to finish. Very surprised and happy, loong race looong drive!!

Vic!! you would have loved it- it was a real bike, physical and mental challenge, not very technical just long and on a tight time schedule. 120 mi day one 116 mi day 2. shout out- RynoPower fueled me well.

CONGRATS Robert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... We expected nothing less from you. 100%

I gotta mail you with all the tech questions later on. Jet, elev, weather, terrain, tires and so on.

Great effort.

Vic

I was the only 2 day rider in 50A to finish. Very surprised and happy, loong race looong drive!!

:smile_anim::drinks::good:

CONGRATS Robert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... We expected nothing less from you. 100%

I gotta mail you with all the tech questions later on. Jet, elev, weather, terrain, tires and so on.

Great effort.

Vic

Jet---F.I.

El @6-7.5K

weather perfect 70s maybe 80s and rained earlier in the week lots of moist dirt

terrain not very technical but thin steep side hills can be sketchy and intimidating, some deeep whoop sections, but mostly alpine forest nice dirt trails, very scenic, lots of steep ups and downs. full moto comitment on the hills to avoid energy sapping hang ups.

tires Pirelli FIM Scorpion Pro FIM 90/90-21 and 120/90-18 (for most E2-E3 bigger bikes use a 140/80-18) (DOT tires)

with Michelin Mousses installed for trails/off road only.