Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Back from the Ozarks

Hello everyone,

I spent 3 weeks at Table Rock Lake in Missouri. God I missed my motorcycles and Julian and the internet (mostly this site) my laptop gave out so.... It was Kinda hot and humid back there - great boating weather but not good for off-roading. I never made the time to explore Mark Twain forest with my Suburban.

Anyway I met a tourist in Mecca, Ca on my drive back. It was 111 degrees F there and I saw an adventure bike with European plates pull up to the gas station that I was at. We chatted a bit and I offered him refuge from the heat in Julian. Leo has been on the road for 3+ months starting in Anchorage. Tomorrow he is headed down to San Diego for a visit - then it is off to Mexico and South America. I told him that if he needed anything while In town that I knew a great bunch of guys that would be glad to help him out.

So anyone here been to the Ozarks? How about Leo's home - Germany?

We just went back a couple of months ago. My parents live in Eureka Springs. They live on Beaver Lake. Beautiful back there. If I would of had time I would of taken the bike. Endless woods and trails.

If I would of had time I would of taken the bike. Endless woods and trails.

I am thinking about getting a bike to leave out there. I bought a lake house in Eagle Rock - thats about 20 miles from Eureka Springs. ExpressJet flys non-stop to Tulsa for $79. Cheaper than XNA / Fayetteville

Leo took off today - I told him about our site and ADVrider. He told me about this site -- http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/bulletin/index.shtml

Here is Leo's African twin - Yes it is a Honda :) and no it did not leak oil on my driveway - that's chain lube

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg