Sign in to follow this  
papaalex

lets ride

Riders,

I know it's hot...but, lets ride any way. I would like to explore Big Bear Lake area, the parts of anual LBL ride. I do not know the area well. Any takers?

papa

What day do you want to ride? I have Saturday off. In fact I might go up on Thursday, as I have been going up to pinnacles alot lately, exploring new trails and I really have had alot of fun.

What day do you want to ride? I have Saturday off. In fact I might go up on Thursday, as I have been going up to pinnacles alot lately, exploring new trails and I really have had alot of fun.

DD,

I'm thinking off Saturday, but not sure yet.

4 years ago I did LA-Barstow-Vegas day one and I went through a lot of trails that I would like to find again. I do not know about gates in the area. The LBL ride was starting by taking some fire road (shortly after take off at Chaporals) and going all the way up to the lake. I also know, there are some trails around ski area which are open for off road use. I think, with good map we'll be fine.

Alex.

DD,

I'm thinking off Saturday, but not sure yet.

4 years ago I did LA-Barstow-Vegas day one and I went through a lot of trails that I would like to find again.

Alex, the road out of San Bernardino is Palm Ave. Just take that road east to the end and it will turn to dirt and take you up the mountain by Silverwood Lake.

:) Hmmm, lotsa lookee-loos, but no takers? Temps will be around 89 degrees at Arrowhead on Saturday, so it won't be all that hot and the scenery will be great as will the roads and trails. :) I can't believe that nobody else wants to go on Papas ride. I'll go, no matter who or who doesn't come along, and the rest will just miss all the fun :)

I have a couple of things going on and I won't know until tomorrow if I can ride on Saturday. My bike won't even be back together until tomorrow. Pencil me in for a definite maybe :) . Ken

I have a couple of things going on and I won't know until tomorrow if I can ride on Saturday. My bike won't even be back together until tomorrow. Pencil me in for a definite maybe :) . Ken

Ken,

I'm not 100% in either. I'm trying to come up with a plan of new routes besides Arrowhead, or something new plus Arrowhead.

Alex.

OK riders,

Is it going to be Papa and Dirt Dame tearing up Big Bear soil this Saturday?

Lets meet at Deer Springs (exit west off FW15) at 6:45 AM, leaving 7:00 AM for Pinnacles staging area by Arrowhead lake. We'll do .... well ... some trails from the map and our memory, including some black diamonds :lol: or maybe not :)

Alex.

I am out 2 weekends in a row. But if you are going on the night ride I will see you out there although I am not riding. Have fun and take lots of pictures. I finaly broke down and bought myself (I mean the wife :lol: ) a little camera that I can take on rides, now I need to practice with it. :) Ken