Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

NOT SO "LIL" WEEKDAY RIDE

I woke up this morning and thought to myself, what did I want to do today, shop or ride? :) What a STUPID question, I want to do both of course! So I loaded the TE onto the Jeep and headed up 15, arriving at Chapparals shortly after they opened. Two jerseys and a pair of really orange boots later, I headed back to my car and continued to Pinnacles/Arrowhead to make up for missing Digdugs ride last weekend.

The weather was warmer than I thought it was gonna be, but when the breeze came up, things weren't too bad, and I had my new hydration system that makes water taste just like a new shower curtain :P Yummy! I spent as much time trying to stay off of the fireroads as possible, taking every little single track "blue square" trail that I came across. I had a map in my pack, but it never saw the light of day, and I motored around, blissfully lost for the most part and lovin it. These little routes must have been some of what the guys referred to as "rollercoaster"trails. Whee! They were a blast!

One fire road I did take, was the one to Deep Creek and Devils Hole. I noticed that alot of spots that were water crossings back in June were now just dust and rocks. Devils Hole had been knee-deep or better back in June, but I walked across it today, and it was only ankle deep. I thought about riding across...never mind.

Instead I meandered on foot, downstream to a still pool with my camera. Last time I was here, I wondered if there were trout. Standing in the shade and very still, I spied several little trout about 7 or eight inches long in the gin clear water just lazily chillin' near some vegetation. Suddenly I wished I had some ultralight fly gear along, but instead I tried to creep up on them with my camera. Startled, the trout fled into the weeds. So much for a trout shot :)

I ended up clocking 41 miles on the odometer. It was another wonderful ride on a weekday. :D

post-892-1186635727.jpg?width=1920&heigh

post-892-1186635727_thumb.jpg

That Sounds Awesome ! Dang I'm jealous . . .

I can't belive you forgot your fishing rod though! :-)

Seems like another fun day of riding! Nice middle picture! :) I'd like to check out that place sometime...

Here are some more pictures from Pinnacles. Now don't go thinking that I ran back up there today just 'cause I have different clothes on in the photos! :good: I swear I didn't go up and ride more trails and meet a guy named Gary who lives in Arrowhead and rides a TE 510, and crash and break my turnsignal on a downed tree, etc, etc :P:P:P

post-892-1186800617.jpg?width=1920&heigh
post-892-1186800572.jpg?width=1920&heigh
post-892-1186800528.jpg?width=1920&heigh
post-892-1186800486.jpg?width=1920&heigh

post-892-1186800486_thumb.jpg

post-892-1186800528_thumb.jpg

post-892-1186800572_thumb.jpg

post-892-1186800617_thumb.jpg