Sign in to follow this  
tvscum

Noob ride Sat, Dec. 22 - David, Leo, Matt and 2-Up Amy

Took about a 100-mile loop with GY6.1911 (Matt and 2-Up Amy) and Leoffensive (Leo). And when I say noob, I mean Leo had a noob 2012 DR-Z400 with 30 miles on it and rider Leo had the same miles on him. Matt had a 1981 DR-500 with reservoir rear shocks (are those stock?) springing his chick Amy on the back. Only one issue... 2-Up Amy had no buddy foot pegs. Instead, she had a rolled up blanket to keep her shorty legs from scraping on the tarmac. Most of the ride, the Amy legs were just flapping in the wind. Towards the end, the 2-Up legs ended up on Matt's lap!

So, anyway, we took the big, paved loop: Lakeside, Wildcat Canyon, Ramona Cafe, Julian, Sunrise Hwy, Pine Creek Rd, to (finally) some dirt along Viejas Grade Rd. and down into Alpine. Fine for my 2012 Scrambler. Leo kept it up (he's age 24)... with no scratches on the brand-new DR-baby. Matt and Amy hung tight too.

Fun ride! No photos from me. However, I did see a camera attached to the noob-Leo helmet, so images may appear soon.

Took about a 100-mile loop with GY6.1911 (Matt and 2-Up Amy) and Leoffensive (Leo). And when I say noob, I mean Leo had a noob 2012 DR-Z400 with 30 miles on it and rider Leo had the same miles on him. Matt had a 1981 DR-500 with reservoir rear shocks (are those stock?) springing his chick Amy on the back. Only one issue... 2-Up Amy had no buddy foot pegs. Instead, she had a rolled up blanket to keep her shorty legs from scraping on the tarmac. Most of the ride, the Amy legs were just flapping in the wind. Towards the end, the 2-Up legs ended up on Matt's lap!

So, anyway, we took the big, paved loop: Lakeside, Wildcat Canyon, Ramona Cafe, Julian, Sunrise Hwy, Pine Creek Rd, to (finally) some dirt along Viejas Grade Rd. and down into Alpine. Fine for my 2012 Scrambler. Leo kept it up (he's age 24)... with no scratches on the brand-new DR-baby. Matt and Amy hung tight too.

Fun ride! No photos from me. However, I did see a camera attached to the noob-Leo helmet, so images may appear soon.

yes sir. uploading my packed camera to the computer.

ill be making a video. haha probably boring to yall but for me super exciting.

i will say that my butt really started killing me at the end when we all split up haha

Nice... Next time will be more dirt, better video, and Im mounting some rear pegs...

Good idea. Not only is this best for safety, but it's also great for not having to pay expensive tickets.

Glad that everybody had a good time.