Sign in to follow this  
papaalex

SIDI

All,

just got home with a brand new pare of SIDI Crossfire... :D WOW :D ..the boot is worth every penny (400) and I highly recommend it after trying every brand out there. Papa is very happy, and of cause, he wants to start breaking it in by this weekend. I'll join a ride (any level) or post a ride later.

Happy papa.

Glad to hear you like them. I have the SIDI force flex and I really like them too. I heard it was going to be hot this weekend so I thought I would stay close to the coast and work on my bike. If nothing else cruise up the coast, stop in and say hi. Do you still have the DR650? :) Ken

I was going to try on SIDI boots, but cycle gear only has a few sizes. I went with the Alpine star Tech 7, Really confortable boot.

I think that SIDI is tops, but they don't build anything serious in my size :)

I still have DR650, rode it last Sunday by the coast line. I think, I'll keep it for lazy rides.

xxxxx

I have been in cycle gear in El Cojon and on Convoy, they do not care SIDIs. There is also 15 miles range rule going between the dealers. I checked all bike dealers from north county to south border and nobody had my size 7 (the smallest SIDI makes), everybody offered special order with restocking fee if I have to return them.

The smallest I had my foot in, was size 8.5, and I had no idea how 7 would fit.

Ready for suprise?

FBC parts manager ordered size 7 for me to try with no obligation for me to buy :D Next day I tried them on, perfect fit :):):P $400 plus went to FBC.

PS: I saw a little peace of paper the guy was holding with part number and 280 and 400 next to each other...

I think 280 is how much the dealer pays.

PS: I saw a little peace of paper the guy was holding with part number and 280 and 400 next to each other...

I think 280 is how much the dealer pays.

Kind of makes you realize that those 10% off sales at "blowout" prices aren't THAT good of a deal. I gotta figure out how to become a "dealer". :)

When I bought the KLX-300 from ECC last year, one of the "deals" they threw in was I can make a one time purchase from the parts department at "sales cost". I suspect that means at what the bike dealer would pay to the parts department (not quite as good a deal as what the parts department pays to the supplier). I haven't had a chance to use it because I haven't neede to make a large purchase yet. The salesman did say I should get all my friends together when I was ready. SDAR shopping trip??? I gotta look at the thing and see how long it's good for...