Terrible619

8/12/07 Leaving 5AM Sunday, Fast Ride in Baja

I Will be leaving Lakeside with one other Friend around 5:00 AM. Going to truck the bikes down past Ensenada and find somewhere safe to park the truck. We are going to try to stay on the coast as much as we can.

I have only been to Baja a couple times so we expect to get lost. For the most part though we will just follow the coast so we can scout out some good camping spots for an upcoming camping trip we have planned, but it should still be a fun ride.

So if you're OK with A quick pace this should be a fun ride. The guy I am riding with is a pretty fast so I will be trying to keep up with him so we can cover a good amount of ground. :D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I Will be leaving Lakeside with one other Friend around 5:00 AM. Going to truck the bikes down past Ensenada and find somewhere safe to park the truck. We are going to try to stay on the coast as much as we can.

I have only been to Baja a couple times so we expect to get lost. For the most part though we will just follow the coast so we can scout out some good camping spots for an upcoming camping trip we have planned, but it should still be a fun ride.

So if you're OK with A quick pace this should be a fun ride. The guy I am riding with is a pretty fast so I will be trying to keep up with him so we can cover a good amount of ground. :D

You can get a guide to all the good surf spots South of the boarder at most surf shops. Thats what I use. I would love to go but with a surfboard in my rack. Last time I rode to Baja we didnt bring our boards and we regreted it. One of my favorite places is just past Erindira and Colnet. Its Qautro Casas Look at the map of Baja and you see a point just past Colnet. Thats it. Hope you have fun. when you see 2 posts in Baja always go slow and watch for wire (barbed wire) It happens.

post-465-1186546232_thumb.jpg

How much/what kind of terrain? Baja 1000 speed, or just a nice intermediate pace?

Cameron... I don't know you personally, but Tom rides a pretty good clip... If you want to borrow my DRZ for the day, it's all yours (seriously... I'll even put a new knobbie on the back) but I think you'll have your work cut out for you keeping up with Tom and a guy Tom will be trying to keep up with on your uberswine.

Kick ass!!! I’d like to try to make this ride with ya Tom, but wont know for sure if I can make it until Saturday night.

(seriously... I'll even put a new knobbie on the back)

Cam perfers bald knobbies!

The terrain is unknown, mostly rough dirt road though im guessing. As far as speed we will just go a comfortable but fast speed. We are not crazy so I would say definately slower than Baja 1000 but faster than intermediate.

I myself am not a surfer but the other 3 people I will be camping with are. I have a map on my computer that shows about 60 surf spots and gives a little description for each. We just want to go down first hand and pick out our camping spots ahead of time so we do less wandering next time when we go down with loaded trucks.

I will be driving my dads 89 single cab ranger with 2 bikes in back. I am not sure about a good safe spot to park the truck down there but I am sure we can find one. I also dont know if I should enter through Tecate or TJ. Which one would be better to Ensenada?

You guys are up for lots of fun!!! :D As posted under Baja Trips section, a group of us was there two weeks ago. The terrain is not very difficult, but has lots of rocks and whoops (with some lose sand). It's just a lot of fun. We were averaging 30 mph, but felt 60 because of the type of terrain (lots of fun!). There are sudden barriers and wholes on the dirt road (sometimes marked with a few small rocks and sometimes unmarked) so you have to be careful. We are doing a ride to Mike's on Friday and coming back through that area on Saturday, so maybe we will see you guys there. :D

I will be driving my dads 89 single cab ranger with 2 bikes in back. I am not sure about a good safe spot to park the truck down there but I am sure we can find one. I also dont know if I should enter through Tecate or TJ. Which one would be better to Ensenada?

Maybe you could park your trucks at Coyote Cal's. Rooms are only $15/night so they ought let you park there for that much. phone: 011-52-646-154-4080 website: http://www.coyotecals.com/ Just a thought.

As far as whether to go south through Tecate or Tijuana, through Tijuana would probably be faster because you have that toll road and it's a straight shot.

Maybe you could park your trucks at Coyote Cal's. Rooms are only $15/night so they ought let you park there for that much. phone: 011-52-646-154-4080 website: http://www.coyotecals.com/ Just a thought.

As far as whether to go south through Tecate or Tijuana, through Tijuana would probably be faster because you have that toll road and it's a straight shot.

I have never been in through TJ. Is the toll road pretty easy to find? Its fairly new isnt it?

I have never been in through TJ. Is the toll road pretty easy to find? Its fairly new isnt it?

It's easy to find... cuota... all the signs point towards it

Hey Guys

I have traveled the area around Erindera and Punta Cabres a ton.

If anyone will have a garmin unit on your trip, i can send you the file with the track i made.

Its a killer fun, high speed run.

Basically, hit dirt in Santo Tomas and ride hard/fast and come out in San Vincente.

Its a part of almost every Baja 500&1000 that they have.

Hauling ass you could probably cover it in 2-3 hours though.

Hey Guys

I have traveled the area around Erindera and Punta Cabres a ton.

If anyone will have a garmin unit on your trip, i can send you the file with the track i made.

Its a killer fun, high speed run.

Basically, hit dirt in Santo Tomas and ride hard/fast and come out in San Vincente.

Its a part of almost every Baja 500&1000 that they have.

Hauling ass you could probably cover it in 2-3 hours though.

Where have you been? Lurking huh? :lol::lol:

Where have you been? Lurking huh? :):)

Ya Caught Me! :D

Its too damn hot for my East Coast ass to ride!

I prefer riding with Icicles in my nose! That was fun huh? :)

I should be on more often now. Got a stripped/mangled drain plug in the frame of my bike that i am have been procrasting on fixing big time!!