Guest Cheif Gunner

Well I did some work on the pig and found this......

Guest Cheif Gunner

I did the usual oil change, valve adjust, Brake job and chassis lube this weekend. I finished up by wrapping the header and when I fired up the piggie I found this..... B)

104-0420_IMG_2.jpg

Damn I wanted to go flog the pig today too.

It split right down the weld bead! I think it can be fixed but I do not have welding equipment that can do Stainless Steel.

So can Anyone here fix this for me? I'll pay for it of course and I'll throw in some adult beverage of your choice :D .

If you can help me out, Just PM me and we can hook it up.

104-0421_IMG_2.jpg

104-0422_IMG_3.jpg

RIDE ON!

Gunz

Sent you a PM Chief, I think?

Did not get it so I sent you one.......actually two, forgot my Ph # in the first one.

Thanks

Yet another reason why I love this group of people! Bob (a.ka. "Metal Twister") Hooked me up this morning!

SWEET!

104-0426_IMG.jpg

Nice work.....

104-0427_IMG.jpg

Back on the pig, no leaks and she sounds mean as hell again!

104-0428_IMG.jpg

Bob; THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH!

Anytime, Anywhere! Next time I catch you on a ride B) on me!

Good Karma is a real thing guys, what goes around, comes around!

Like Ride- Orange has in his signature "Nobody gets left behind!"

Thanks again, I've gotta get out to the garage and put the plastics back on and go flog the Pig.

PEACE OUT!

Gunz

No problem Gunz! Just to nice a day not to be riding, glad I could help. B) Hope you can make the next night ride. I think we should shoot for Saturday Aug. 25.?

Gunz, is there something wrapped around your headers in one of the pics? What is it and what is its purpose? B) Ken

Hey Bro (Joliet) Yep the header wrap helps keep the temps down on the air cooled bikes, I just got home from a sweet 90 mile loop that XR650LBum and I did. 5 hours of technical, wide open and freedom.

It was "goat trail" single track with steep cliffs, whoops, silt, sand and hard pack fire roads with deep ass ruts. A little of everything, even some nice Air!

Jumped the pig quite a few times today, even got off the pegs and felt the seat between my ankles! Sorry no pics.....

The pig never went over 250 degrees all day after flogging the hell out of it.

The wrap (Thermo Tech Header Wrap) works!

Stinks like hell when it's new but the smoke and smell fade, much cheaper than ceramic coating (My exhaust was close to 700 bones so I did not want to drop any more $$$ into it).

Guns