Sign in to follow this  
Joliet

Jacumba riding

I had such a good time last weekend out there, I would like to go back this weekend. I don't know the area well enough to lead unless I have to(last weekend was my first time in Jacumba, if we were in Jacumba :unsure: ). It looks like the desert got some rain out there today, may be some great riding. All we need is a fearless leader (hopefully with gas in his bike :blink: ). Exploring new trails or riding old ones doesn't matter, as long as the bike keeps running. :dance3: Ken

Waaah! I wanna have a good time too. I'll go if we get what you said, a fearless leader, and it is still relatively (relative to getting cooked alive) cool like last timeyou guys went. Whoops, what day?

I vote for Saturday, early. But if it is better for most, I can go Sunday. Ken

All we need is a fearless leader (hopefully with gas in his bike :P ). Ken

I resemble that remark. Thanks for stopping two or three times to watch me dip the bike. :lol:

I'll play Saturday early. I have a meet midday, so about the same amount of time with some new stuff. :o:D

7 AM at the Velero?

6:30 for me so I can be ready to ride by 7:00. :lol: See you there. Ken

I want to ride this trail again before they close it too.

Tulecanyon.jpg

Seems BLM is slowly closing all the areas to ride in Jacumba, Table Mountain, East of Smugglers Cave, Mountain Springs to the desert, What is next?? :lol::o:D

that's one of the trails I was google-eyeing a couple of months ago. Looks interesting. Is it very difficult?

Are the morning temps still holding up as far as being cool out in your neck of the woods (or dez)?

I've been 4 wheeling those trails for a long time now. I know all of the routes. I'd join you guys, but I'd prabably slow ya down too much since I'm new to riding. Some of those trails are a bit too much for a beginner. If you guys want some good maps of the area I could send post em up. There are two trails that go up to the valley of the moon. One is the one shown above and there is another that goes up from the west just north of the road that runs along the boarder. The pics from last week looked liked you guys hit both trails.

There is also alot of trails that are still open near table mountain, you just have to know which way to go. I suspect you guys tried to go off to the left instead of going straight. You can do about 10 miles back there on the north side of the 8 behind table mountain and it takes you all the way into AB park and gives some great views of the tresstles in corrizo gorge. I'll get up on my skills and come when it cools down.

Have fun.

that's one of the trails I was google-eyeing a couple of months ago. Looks interesting. Is it very difficult?

Are the morning temps still holding up as far as being cool out in your neck of the woods (or dez)?

It is much cooler than the BBQ ride, 7-15 degrees cooler than last week. The trail is challenging, should be ok for a dirt dame. :blink:

Things changed, sorry. :blink:

I can ride all day now. :D:D:D:D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Things changed, sorry. :blink:

I can ride all day now. :D:D:D:D

Sounds like fun but so far away from Carlsbad. :D

Okay, I've loaded up something green (but not the old twostroke) and now it's time to wind up the cat and throw the alarm clock out, so I can get up way too early and join youse guys.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Okay, I've loaded up something green (but not the old twostroke) and now it's time to wind up the cat and throw the alarm clock out, so I can get up way too early and join youse guys.

Is there some hard ways, I dont want to drive that far to do fire roads. :blink:

post-465-1186202872_thumb.jpg