Sign in to follow this  
carguy

Jacumba ride, 7-07

What a perfect day for a ride! Midsummer and it was cool with a breeze.

I started from the homested towards Jacumba, half way I hit reserve. Then I ran out on the freeway. Coasting down the shoulder, first Digdug then Joliet stopped. After coasting for a while, I dipped the bike a couple of times and made it to Jacumba.

With our sponcer here we geared up.

R.O., Joliet, Digdug, Pappa Alex & I getting ready to go

1-5.jpg

My work in the background.

2-5.jpg

RO taking a pic of me taking a pic of him, taking a pic of me and so on, so on ect.

3-5.jpg

Comingup to the mines.

4-4.jpg

5-3.jpg

6-4.jpg

On top of the world.

7-2.jpg

Chosing different lines.

8-3.jpg

Papa hesitates

9-3.jpg

10-3.jpg

Digdug rides around.

11-2.jpg

Then "KLR Canyon"

Check out the video, does it look familiar? Same spot. :rolleyes:

Imgp0231-1.jpg

On the way down the steep side.

12-2.jpg

Seemed like a short ride, but all rides are GOOD! :angry: There is more to offer in the area for future rides. :curtsey:

Saw both posts. Glad you all had a good ride. I decided I wasn't even going to try another desert ride during the summer after what happened to me the last time I was out there, and then to add to that I saw the article about the border agent who died of heat exhaustion (they think) just yesterday in the same area.

But it looks like nobody was suffering any noticeable effects from too much heat and you all had lots of fun, so maybe next time I'll give it a try :rolleyes: Nice pics, all.

damn bro looks like a good time, i wish i could have gone but i had to go to LA for nephews b-day but maybe next time you show me those trails. i just got the gps fully installed so i can mark them when we go. besides if i had gone you would have more pics of falling.

ed

I've been thinking it looks like a good ride for a little two-stroke, like maybe this one :unsure: Good ol' Bentley would like to come out of retirement for a ride in the dez without too much pavement.

I've been thinking it looks like a good ride for a little two-stroke, like maybe this one :unsure: Good ol' Bentley would like to come out of retirement for a ride in the dez without too much pavement.

NO WAY?!?! I used to have that same bike. Same provided thats a 1987 KDX200. I sold mine when I was 15 for a quadracer. What a great bike that was. Can I please ride it sometime?

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.p...racer&st=15

Pretty please?

Jon