Sign in to follow this  
Afry

San Diego Back Country Adventure Ride #3 Oct 20-21

You dog... I drove down there today in the car to check gates, how did you access?

Ok right next to the main closed gate. Right to the right of it is another access road that parallels it and connects a few hundred yards down. It has a half gate on it that bikes can access but cars can't. No problem with my full boxes. I passed many border patrol that waved as i rode past. Apparently they are keeping cars out but not bikes. Even talked to one and he asked how the ride was going. Friendly guy.

Was hoping I could make this, but I'm stuck working up at Ft. Irwin til Sunday. Have fun out there and hopefully I'll make the next.

You have a "Laguna"?

DS maps is updated to reflect non gated access to Otay Mtn and an alternative lunch spot in Descanso. That is final version so upload away my friends....

Is there an opportunity for us OC/LA riders to come down from the north on dirt and meet you in Descanso for lunch? I'm just thinking it's a long long way to get to Otay Mesa that early.

Eric,

I'm headed down tomorrow night and probably wind up at the Holiday Inn Express in Otay Mesa if you want to split the room.

Michael