Sign in to follow this  
papaalex

Saturday ride

Hi all,

I plan on riding this Saturday 07/14/07.

The ride becomes official after one rider or more join me.

Meet Saturday 8:30 AM (leaving 9:00) at Packards by Circle K in Ramona and decide on the route.

Option A. Black Mountain truck, 79, Lost Valley, Puerta La Cruz, lunch, Palomar, home.

Option B. Black Mountain truck, 79, a fire road loop in San Felipe area between 79 and S2, S2, lunch in Ranchita, Gravevine Canyon, 78, S2, Rodriguez/Oriflame up, home.

Nothing is technical and good speeds will keep us cool. Many options to bail out.

I think, I'll pyro to Ramona.

Alex (papa) 858-414-7874.

any sand or real rocky sections? I might consider a V strom ride, but the DRZ is not up for that much pavement... knobby issues

any sand or real rocky sections? I might consider a V strom ride, but the DRZ is not up for that much pavement... knobby issues

Option A has minimum of sand and rocks

If we choose option B, we get some sand in Grapevine and Oriflame and some rocks in Oriflame, not that bad at all.

Hi all,

Meet Saturday 8:30 AM (leaving 9:00) at Packards by Circle K in Ramona and decide on the route.

Option A. Black Mountain truck, 79, Lost Valley, Puerta La Cruz, lunch, Palomar, home.

Option B. Black Mountain truck, 79, a fire road loop in San Felipe area between 79 and S2, S2, lunch in Ranchita, Gravevine Canyon, 78, S2, Rodriguez/Oriflame up, home.

Nothing is technical and good speeds will keep us cool. Many options to bail out.

No one wants to ride? :)

NO, I WANT to ride :D .......but I can't :D:):) .......been screwing off and riding in Big Bear, Idyllwild, Bass Lake :D:D .......can't swing the hall pass.....gotta get some chores done around Mi Casa

I wanna ride too but my KTM cauhgt fire last night and its in the shop. :D:):)

I wanna ride too but my KTM cauhgt fire last night and its in the shop. :D:D:D

Not a problem, just take the Rokon out :D:D .

Borrow Cree's new bike, he knows how gentle you are on dirt bikes :D:) .

If you are going to wheelie for miles at a time, you might look into getting your carb mounted at an angle so the float works properly :):D

Details???

Not a problem, just take the Rokon out :D:) .

Borrow Cree's new bike, he knows how gentle you are on dirt bikes :):D .

If you are going to wheelie for miles at a time, you might look into getting your carb mounted at an angle so the float works properly :D:D

Details???Riding along and the light starts flickering then smoke starts pouring out behind the headlight and under the tank and seat so in a panic I rip the seat off breaking all mounting points and yanked the wiring from the battery. :D the wiring harness burned to the ground from the ignition to the battery and to hte fuses by the airbox.While its in for warranty Im going to make them buy the seat too. :D

Not a problem, just take the Rokon out :D:) .

Borrow Cree's new bike, he knows how gentle you are on dirt bikes :):D .

If you are going to wheelie for miles at a time, you might look into getting your carb mounted at an angle so the float works properly :D:D

Details???Riding along and the light starts flickering then smoke starts pouring out behind the headlight and under the tank and seat so in a panic I rip the seat off breaking all mounting points and yanked the wiring from the battery. :D the wiring harness burned to the ground from the ignition to the battery and to hte fuses by the airbox.While its in for warranty Im going to make them buy the seat too. :D

[/quote

Hooboy :D , and I was grousing about my electric starter sticking! But this is a highjack 'cause I have to work and can't go even though I didn't catch on fire.

Hi all,

If you come further south and start 0630-0700 I will ride. There are some great loops in Jacumba plus I know this Phantom trail in Laguna that goes to the desert. :)

All,

It is official now, meet this Saturday 7:30 AM (leaving 8:00) at Packards by Circle K in Ramona. I and Bill (new guy) will be there. Note the time change to beat the heat and hope to see you there :huh:

Bring a ton of water.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I wanna ride too but my KTM cauhgt fire last night and its in the shop. :huh::blink::huh:

After your last post I could imagine you on tarmak rippen it up, all motarded. But now I picture you on fire :o:o:o:D Glad you didnt get hurt. :huh:

Ditto to what Hamster sez. And you are lucky too, that your bike is still under warranty, or you'd be payin' out the pocketbook worse than I just did :huh: