I've got a few days off for the upcoming holiday, so I was thinking of doing a ride on the border fence on Tuesday. I was planning on starting near Otay Truck Trail past Dulzura, hope that the gate is open there to ride to Barret Junction. Jump on the 94 for a few miles and catch the border road near Tecate and take it out to Campo. Maybe follow the 94 some more and get on the border to Jacumba. Possibly check out Lark Canyon/McCain Valley if there is time and bring it back home from there. Lots of miles, but mostly easy stuff.

Anyone up for it?

Tom

That's exactly what I've been thinking about! :) I might have to hit the Campo dinner for the fried fish on the return side. What time are you thinking of starting?

That's exactly what I've been thinking about! :) I might have to hit the Campo dinner for the fried fish on the return side. What time are you thinking of starting?

Meet at the Dulzura cafe @ 0900.

The magic 8 ball (wife) says chances are slim but let me work on it. If I don’t pm you I’m out. Sounds like a fun ride!

post-1047-1183407821.jpg

Sigh, I've been eyeballing your post off and on since it went up. I just can't make up my mind whether or not I want a little more dust and heat before the weekend barbequed ride. It's a long haul to the cafe and I gotta chop through yucky commuter traffic on 15 south to get there. I'm thinkin' not, but that's what I was thinkin on Friday until the very last second....so you'll see me by 9, or don't wait around :)

Was the gate open?

Zina

Lots of gates were open today, I got to check out a lot of stuff that's usually locked. Nobody else showed up so I hit it by myself. HOT out in Campo but I had a good time. Pretty sure I stumbled upon where carguy lives too. Hope to be out there for the BBQ this Saturday.

Tom

I was too lazy to ride in the heat. Glad the gates were open & you had fun! :)

Ditto about the heat. I had to go meet with some buyers from corporate anyway around one o clock at the store ( :) on my day off!)so it worked out for the best, I suppose. See you guys on BBQ day.