Sign in to follow this  
DRZ_400Pilot

Rattlesnake Increase

Good Morning SDAR,

I know now one is dumb but I wanted to pass this along. THis year with the heat up and rain not so good so far there is an increase in Rattlesnake population and they are thick on the trails and all over the place. I work on Camp Pendleton and walking and running so far this year we have seen more then the past few years and I know some of the places we all ride and enjoy life away from the crazy people thier will be lots of snakes. So watch out for those sleeping bags campers and plies of brush that might be overlooked and be safe this year out on the trails.

saw lots of snake trails across the silty dirt up at Corral, they are out and about for sure.

Haven't seen more than usual this year. One guy was fishing in a float tube on a local lake when he heard s slight buzzing noise behind him. he thought it was the blades of his spiinerbait twirling in the breeze, that he had tied onto one of his rods, but soon caught a glimpse of that familiar diamond pattern when he looked back. A rattler had swam out and hitched a ride in the V bow section of his float tube! :o

Luckily he was near shore, quickly kicked his way over and bailed out! :bigeyed: