tvscum

Julian to Lake Cuyamaca to Descanso

Took a solo ride today. Started out near Julian, went south on Pine Hills Rd to Eagle Peak Rd. Stayed on Eagle Peak all the way to the end, where the kids park their cars to walk down to Devil's Punchbowl. I thought I was going to to have to turn around and go back up, but a couple guys in uniform told me to take Forest Road 13S11 (aka Cedar Creek Rd.), which was open and took me back over to Boulder Creek Rd. at the spot where everybody parks at the trail head to Three Sisters Falls. I saw a Honda XR (I think) and a KTM riding 13S11 along the way.

I took a left on Boulder Creek Rd. and headed over to Cuyamaca Lake on Engineers Road. That is a fun road, paved and windy. Ate lunch at the Lake and took 79 all the way south to I-8. Nice ride on and off pavement. I have done the entire Boulder Creek Rd. run in the past from Julian to Descanso, so this was kind of fun to mix it up. See info below.

Cleveland map showing Forest Road 13S11. 13S11 is not shown on Google maps.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_MEDIA/stelprdb5276625.pdf

Dualsportmaps of the route I took:

http://dualsportmaps.com/?link=104469

Image1.jpg

Photos of Forest Road 13S11 (aka Cedar Creek Rd):

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

Engineers Road on the way to Cuyamaca Lake:

IMAG0146.jpg

Cuyamaca Lake for lunch:

IMAG0147.jpg

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

That was me on the KTM. 46 miles (form Guatay) 2 swimming holes, 3 creek crossings and great weather.

If you guys go out there be very careful in the slippery creek crossing. Pacman hurt himself from laughing while watching me and my bike rolling around in the creek.

Ken

Thanks for posting, I see a future ride.