If possible could someone contact the local Yamaha dealers and see if they have the water pump impellor & rubber seal for a 2006 WR450?

I am currently stranded in Bahia Tortuga, Baja with a faulty seal and two broken fins on the impellor. If the parts can be located please post a message here and my father can drive up from Huntington Beach and pick them up. There is a company located on the border, BAJA PAC, that will put the parts on a bus and have them transported to Viscanio, then Turtle Bay. My dad has been unable to locate the parts in O.C. Any help would be appreciated.

Gracias Amigos, -Eric

Tried North County Yamaha Not in stock.

I'll call around

Chris

I have an 06 WR450F if somebody with a wrench wants to grab the parts off mine temporarily

Or is the seal a "one time" deal (non reusable)?

the other option (somebody tell me if I'm crazy)... permatex a new seal, and break the impeller fins opposite the broken ones (keep it balanced if not perfect)

admittedly; that is ghetto

Eric,

I found the pump I have it on hold under my name at Fun Bike Center but but we have to order the seal. Called National City but they are closed and he said they couldn't order it until Monday. They are open tomorrow so we can order the seal.

I just left your dad a VM. Seal would arrive Tuesday maybe Wednesday. Let me know what you want to do and get your butt home so I have someone to ride Baja with. Just got my bike out of the shop and FDB (Fire Breathing Dragon) is ready.

Fun Bike Center

50 reviews5755 Kearny Villa Road, San Diego, CA

(858) 278-6635

Water pump $ 51.00

oil seal $ 7.00

Chris, Sondra, BS,

Thanks for looking guys, I really appreciate it. I just received word from my dad that Chaparral Motorsports in San Bernadino had both parts in stock and he was on his way to grab them and FedÉx them to Tijuana for bus transport.

I stopped into an auto parts store this morning for oil when I noticed the coolant leaking. The owner of the store also owns the mechanic shop next door. He allowed me to work on the bike in the garage, then he put me up in his house, took me to his mother´s house for a lobster, rice & beans lunch, and is now taking me to his brother´s restaurant for dinner. He tells me I can stay here as long as it takes to get the parts. I told him it might take a year :)

I never dreamed that breaking down could be so nice. Keeping my fingers crossed that the parts actually get here.

Did I mention he also has a computer and internet connection at his house?

Thanks again.

Chris, Sondra, BS,

Thanks for looking guys, I really appreciate it. I just received word from my dad that Chaparral Motorsports in San Bernadino had both parts in stock and he was on his way to grab them and FedÉx them to Tijuana for bus transport.

I stopped into an auto parts store this morning for oil when I noticed the coolant leaking. The owner of the store also owns the mechanic shop next door. He allowed me to work on the bike in the garage, then he put me up in his house, took me to his mother´s house for a lobster, rice & beans lunch, and is now taking me to his brother´s restaurant for dinner. He tells me I can stay here as long as it takes to get the parts. I told him it might take a year :)

I never dreamed that breaking down could be so nice. Keeping my fingers crossed that the parts actually get here.

Thanks again.

Bet you wish you had taken my offer of the WR for your trip right about now huh?

Man, your trip is seeming almost cursed by mechanical gremlins. If I had seen this earlier today I could have delivered the parts to you via BMW.

The owner of the store also owns the mechanic shop next door. He allowed me to work on the bike in the garage, then he put me up in his house, took me to his mother´s house for a lobster, rice & beans lunch, and is now taking me to his brother´s restaurant for dinner. He tells me I can stay here as long as it takes to get the parts. I told him it might take a year :)

Thanks again.

That's awful! He didn't offer his hot sister to keep you company when you got lonely? It really has gone downhill in Mexico.

Glad you got the help you needed.

Maybe you are in luck Dave? Dad missed the 5 oclock Fedex deadline and they dont take deliveries on Sunday. He ships to TJ on Monday, maybe they get it on a bus by Tuesday, maybe I get the parts Wednesday, but I doubt it.

I´ll buy you a beer when you get here! I´m only joking with you buddy.

Too bad I'm going out of the country soon otherwise Dave and I could have had a nice little ride on the big bikes.

CiD

That's awful! He didn't offer his hot sister to keep you company when you got lonely? It really has gone downhill in Mexico.

Glad you got the help you needed.

LOL I had a local rescue me once (well he got me to Vegabundo) and I think he was trying to let his sister hook up with the Gringo.

I´ll buy you a beer when you get here! I´m only joking with you buddy.

After you bailed me out....I would buy you the beers when I got there!