Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hammerin Hammon switches to Orange

Guest Hammerin Hammon

My Orange truck is atracting KTM. riders as customers.$$$$ The other day I got a call from a guy who saw my truck and wanted me to remodel his house. When I called back he said he also saw my bikes and that he was a rider. When I asked him what kind of bike he rode, he said KTM. I felt sorry for him :) after meeting him and looking at his job I realize KTM. riders are good customers.$$$$$ He is from LA. He called one of his friends who lives in Oceanside to see if he knew any local contractors( I am presently adding a kitchen and bath to the roof of his friends 3 story beach house) He is also a KTM. rider.$$$$$

I think I should give up and buy Orange. :D I hope ride Orange likes this sad but true story. :D Craig :(

post-465-1181486735_thumb.jpg

Hey Craig, your truck does look like the KTM truck I saw yesterday at the KTM open house! :( Might as well not only get yourself an almighty KTM bike, but become a KTM company promoter.. :( Heck, you alreay have the orange truck.... :)

O.K. now seriously... Honda is a mainstreet bike for the masses, and it's a great dependable bike (I can't argue with that).. KTM is higher end, more expensive, with a market focus on people who can afford the greater things in life. It makes sense that people who buy KTM's, Ducatis, Ferraris, and Porches, can afford to put more money into their kitchens and bathrooms... and Hammond Remodeling Company is there to serve them... :( ofcourse, there's always people like me, who can't afford to fixed their houses because they spend all their money in high end toys... :D:D:D

I think I should give up and buy Orange. :( I hope Ride-Orange likes this sad but true story. :D Craig :D

Hammer, you are a KOOK! :D :D The only thing I want to know is... How MANY TIMES were you dropped on your head when you were a kid??? :(:)

I could have told you that months ago. Anyone who buys a KTM is going to expect the UTMOST quality though, so be prepared to give it your best work! :D Oh yeah, if they are true KTM riders also be prepared to get paid ON TIME :(

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I think I should give up and buy Orange. :( I hope Ride-Orange likes this sad but true story. :( Craig :D

Hammer, you are a KOOK! :):D The only thing I want to know is... How MANY TIMES were you dropped on your head when you were a kid??? :D:D

I could have told you that months ago. Anyone who buys a KTM is going to expect the UTMOST quality though, so be prepared to give it your best work! :D Oh yeah, if they are true KTM riders also be prepared to get paid ON TIME :(

I figure they wont get to mad if my work overheats or blows up either :D:( They can also buy the June 2007 issue (Let the fine tuning begin) of dirt bike to learn how repair all my work. :D:D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I usualy cater to this type of Ranch Sante Fe customers, So KTM. riders are a step down. :D This customer told me my price was higher, but they liked my truck. The owner used to say to me ,you know the saying another day another dollar. For him its another day another 5,000 dollars. :D

post-465-1181502138_thumb.jpg

My Orange truck is atracting KTM. riders as customers.$$$$

I think I should give up and buy Orange. :D:D Craig :)

This should take care of your problem.

baja5002007130or7.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I might be able to get a good deal on this one. Its blown the motor once aready and just left John stranded in Ensenada. He has put 13,000$ in it maybe I should offer 6,000$

post-465-1181677417_thumb.jpg

post-465-1181677468_thumb.jpg

post-465-1181677516_thumb.jpg

I suggest you stay red! What year is this KTM bike? You had mentioned in a previous post that the bike had 13K miles when it blew the motor. What kind of service and treatment? All brand bikes can have a serious problem, or can be misused or abused. My wife's Acura TL, wich is a great car made by Honda, had its transmission replaced twice in one year :D Fortunately, it was under guarantee.. :) My wife does all the services and takes good care of it, as far as I know.. My son's Honda CR80 came with a deffect, but was fixed appropriately by the dealer. You may get a good deal by your friend, but if you are a "RED" guy, I don't suggest buying "ORANGE." If dependability, old style, value for your money, low maintenance are the most imortant thing for you, then your XR650L is the ticket! If performance, weight, technological advancement are important for you, then get a RED CRF450X, or go "ORANGE" But I still think you are a type "RED" kind of guy.. :D

I might be able to get a good deal on this one. Its blown the motor once aready and just left John stranded in Ensenada. He has put 13,000$ in it maybe I should offer 6,000$

I've seen this "flame thrower" of yours pop-up in several of your posts Craig, you're getting a lot of mileage out of your buddy's mis-fortune or abuse (which ever it might be). What I'm wrestling with is the fact that the motor blew, o.k., but wasn't it replaced under warranty? I raced with a guy who bought an '06 which blew a head gassket on the first loop a while ago, and he was back at the next race 2 weeks later with a new top end and no further problems :)

I just can't understand why this cat would put all the bolt-on goodies on his new KTM, go blow the motor, and not get it taken care of by the dealer. Did he try it and they told him he abused it? Is the dealership one of those fly-by-night characters? Is he one of those guys that $#!% just happens to? I don't get it...

I'll give him $6,001 for it :D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I've seen this "flame thrower" of yours pop-up in several of your posts Craig, you're getting a lot of mileage out of your buddy's mis-fortune or abuse (which ever it might be). What I'm wrestling with is the fact that the motor blew, o.k., but wasn't it replaced under warranty? I raced with a guy who bought an '06 which blew a head gassket on the first loop a while ago, and he was back at the next race 2 weeks later with a new top end and no further problems :D

I just can't understand why this cat would put all the bolt-on goodies on his new KTM, go blow the motor, and not get it taken care of by the dealer. Did he try it and they told him he abused it? Is the dealership one of those fly-by-night characters? Is he one of those guys that $#!% just happens to? I don't get it...

I'll give him $6,001 for it :)

I am not trying to get mileage or flame throw. John and I would like answers. He posed fot these pictures today. He bought his bike in Montana and plated it there (notice no turn signals, LED. under fender ,and license plate atatched to air box under fender.) The bike broke a piston ring and blew a head gasket. He had it repaired at north co. Yamaha Ktm. with Engine Ice in the radiator it still runs hot at speed. Do you have any sugestions.In Ensenada he had an egnition problem. That is why we loaded his bike in the truck to take it to the dealer.Any advice would help I wouldnt say this bike has been abused but John rides much faster than anybody I have ridden with at SDAR!:D

I am not trying to get mileage or flame throw. John and I would like answers. Do you have any sugestions. In Ensenada he had an egnition problem. That is why we loaded his bike in the truck to take it to the dealer.Any advice would help! :D

Have him give Alex at Kon-Tiki a call and tell him Rob with the 625SXC referred you. Alex used to work for Rocket near Downtown before taking over his family's motorcycle shop in P.B., and he's a certified KTM mechanic. He's the only guy that I take my KTMs to, honest, reliable, knowledgeable, and really cool (just like me :) ).

His number is 858-272-6751, closed Sun. & Mon.

Good Luck! :D

I wouldnt say this bike has been abused but John rides much faster than anybody I have riden with at SDAR!:D

THAT would be considered a flame...assuming you meant "ridden"

The reason this is a flame is because, you could have JUSTAS EASILY SAID " I wouldn't say this bike is abused, but John rides very fast..."

No flame

The bike broke a piston ring and blew a head gasket. He had it repaired at north co. Yamaha Ktm. with Engine Ice in the radiator it still runs hot at speed. Do you have any sugestions.

I just ordered/recieved RLR Coolant Recovery bottles which I plan on rigging up to both of my KTM's since my son and I will be riding in Idyllwild/Big Bear/Bass Lake in the next month or so.....seems silly to let that coolant drop on the ground and then be forced to top off with water out of your camel back after the bike cools down!

RLR Products

Overheating must be a 4-stroke thing. My two stroke KTM has been labored through slow terrain in hot weather and has never lost a drop of coolant in two years. Every time I check or change it, it's full. The Husky, I will never know....it's jetted a little rich and I have tried to get it into a heat-up situation on a grungy little single track full of rocks and bushes on a hillside, but the only thing that seemed to overheat on it was me. It came with a coolant overflow bottle and I checked that, but it didn't look any fuller during the attempt. I'm probably just too light to make my bikes work very hard :D

Overheating must be a 4-stroke thing. My two stroke KTM has been labored through slow terrain in hot weather and has never lost a drop of coolant in two years. Every time I check or change it, it's full. The Husky, I will never know....it's jetted a little rich and I have tried to get it into a heat-up situation on a grungy little single track full of rocks and bushes on a hillside, but the only thing that seemed to overheat on it was me. It came with a coolant overflow bottle and I checked that, but it didn't look any fuller during the attempt. I'm probably just too light to make my bikes work very hard :lol:

As I've written previously, my philosophy for two wheels (with or without motor) is "light is right"......unfortunately it only applies to the bike(s) in my case :lol: .....my EXC 400 spews coolant in prolonged slow/tight stuff because it's laboring pretty hard dragging my "non-light" rear end around :):o:huh::D ......I seem to be too lazy to drop ~20lbs :D:):DB) .....and too cheap to buy a $100 fan :fool: .......hopefully this CRT will help beat the :heat: :help:

Overheating must be a 4-stroke thing. My two stroke KTM has been labored through slow terrain in hot weather and has never lost a drop of coolant in two years. Every time I check or change it, it's full. The Husky, I will never know....it's jetted a little rich and I have tried to get it into a heat-up situation on a grungy little single track full of rocks and bushes on a hillside, but the only thing that seemed to overheat on it was me. It came with a coolant overflow bottle and I checked that, but it didn't look any fuller during the attempt. I'm probably just too light to make my bikes work very hard :lol:

As I've written previously, my philosophy for two wheels (with or without motor) is "light is right"......unfortunately it only applies to the bike(s) in my case :lol: .....my EXC 400 spews coolant in prolonged slow/tight stuff because it's laboring pretty hard dragging my "non-light" rear end around :):o:huh::D ......I seem to be too lazy to drop ~20lbs :D:):DB) .....and too cheap to buy a $100 fan :fool: .......hopefully this CRT will help beat the :heat: :help:

I have never had any issues with over heating so far with my TE450.. But, I supposed that any four stroke bike without a fan would be prone to over heating if ridden in slow technical stop and go situations.. Specially using first and the clutch all the time... I guess, a good fix would be to get a radiator fan.. European 07 TE450 comes with a fan, not the U.S. model...

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Thanks to all of you guys for your help with Johns bike. :D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I wouldnt say this bike has been abused but John rides much faster than anybody I have riden with at SDAR!:)

THAT would be considered a flame...assuming you meant "ridden"

The reason this is a flame is because, you could have JUSTAS EASILY SAID " I wouldn't say this bike is abused, but John rides very fast..."

No flame

If I said that you wouldnt know how fast he realy is (no flame, just fast) and this site wont help me ride faster but does help me type and spell better. Thanks to all Craig :D (not a flame but thanks)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I just goy home from Carlsbads Bike Nite. We discused the overheating problem with high performance 4 strokes and decided a fan would be a good option. I think John should get his bike Dyno Tuned also. I had this done to my XR and it made a huge difference. I had my bike tuned at Hyper Sports. But cant recomend that shop to anyone. Does anybody know of a shop that they would recomend that has a Dyno. Sometimes what looks like a flame can be educational. to all. Craig :lol:

I just goy home from Carlsbads Bike Nite. We discused the overheating problem with high performance 4 strokes and decided a fan would be a good option. I think John should get his bike Dyno Tuned also. I had this done to my XR and it made a huge difference. I had my bike tuned at Hyper Sports. But cant recomend that shop to anyone. Does anybody know of a shop that they would recomend that has a Dyno. Sometimes what looks like a flame can be educational. to all. Craig :lol:

Alba has a dyno.....or Lee's (but Lee's caters to the sport crowd - they might blow up a dirt bike!)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I just got back from Valencia. I had to do a small job on one of my new KTM riding customers house. He has a very large collection of bikes. When I was at his house his son brought home a XR 400. It was one sweet bike with gold EXCEL wheels and Talion hubs. he started it and it sounded very healthy. So healthy I had to stop and ask him about the bike. I always wanted one. he told me it was Lary Roslers bike, that its a 440 stroker built by Stroker.Lary Roslers company, He gave me a list of all the mods. It was impressive. And then he told me it was for sale. Now its mine, Just like that! B):D I have a little work to do it for my personal set up. I cant wait to ride it with you guys. It feels faster than my 650 and much lighter and a very dependable bike. :lol:

I just got back from Valencia. I had to do a small job on one of my new KTM riding customers house. He has a very large collection of bikes. When I was at his house his son brought home a XR 400. It was one sweet bike with gold EXCEL wheels and Talion hubs. he started it and it sounded very healthy. So healthy I had to stop and ask him about the bike. I always wanted one. he told me it was Lary Roslers bike, that its a 440 stroker built by Stroker.Lary Roslers company, He gave me a list of all the mods. It was impressive. And then he told me it was for sale. Now its mine, Just like that! B):D I have a little work to do it for my personal set up. I cant wait to ride it with you guys. It feels faster than my 650 and much lighter and a very dependable bike. :lol:

Congrats on the new wheels!