Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Consolation Ride 06/09/07

Well, people in the club had good rides going on Saturday and Sunday. But I just have had too much to do and not enough time or energy to do it, so I missed out on Papaalex's desert ride and will miss out on the Sunday Corral Canyon ride because I have to go to work :( Corral Canyon is my default ride in a pinch, so late in the morning I levered the TE450 onto its little perch behind the jeep and motored out to Pine Valley. I rode over to Corral Canyon via Kernan trail. The weather was perfect, breezy and sorta humid with a smattering of clouds in the sky. I wondered if the desert gang was roasting or what :D

By the time I got over to the Corral Canyon campground, after covering some of the surrounding trails, I ran across XR Bill and his fiance from up north.(She needs a good bike handle too) We teamed up for a ride up spur meadow trail and then went down to see what Espinoza looked like. Although it was a nice jaunt with pleasant company, I was bummed to see that the once somewhat rocky and rutted canyon stretch was all manicured and pruned to a fairtheewell from the fire efforts last summer. And of course you can't ride the loop anymore, with the gate locked in the bottomlands, so that's a bummer too. But it was still pretty countryside and I stopped for soft freeze icecream on the way back in Pine Valley-and I didn't drop my tall heavy bike anywhere, so all in all, it was a good riding day :D

I know, it probably seems like a boring ride to most of you, since there was no mention of beer in it :D and no photos. I've noticed that most everyone in this club likes to read the "purty

pitchurs" more than the written part of the posts,(I certainly do, as well) and as Joliet pointed out in his posting, he was going to get a camera as soon as he could. I think I'll go out and do a little bit of price and feature shopping on some cameras right away :)

I like having pictures of rides to remember them by, but I hate stopping and taking a lot of them. The only time that I try hard to take a lot of pictures is when I ride with my kids. I figure possibly in a few years it won't be cool to go riding with dad, so I will have the pictures to remember when I was still cool.

Good ride report, I was planning on heading to Corral Canyon also but had too much stuff going on this weekend.

I always enjoy corral canyon... It brings me memories, since I used to go there camping with my kids when they were teens. It was nice to be able to ride the loop, hopefully it will be opened again soon. I also like going to the observation tower, looking at the view, and saying hi to Norm. Last week I was there (last Sunday), some quads were racing around the Corral Camp area blowing us dirt while we were eating our lunch.. that kind of upsets me when people don't respect the rules and don't care.. :) so I told them nicely that we all want to keep this parks open, and please follow the rules... :)

Good ride report Dirt Dame! This is a nice community (SDAR) where we can meet people who share the sport, and chat about our rides... B)

I like having pictures of rides to remember them by, but I hate stopping and taking a lot of them. The only time that I try hard to take a lot of pictures is when I ride with my kids. I figure possibly in a few years it won't be cool to go riding with dad, so I will have the pictures to remember when I was still cool.

Good ride report, I was planning on heading to Corral Canyon also but had too much stuff going on this weekend.

My fix for this was to buy the kids cameras as Christmas presents.......which is why many of my posted Kodak Gallery pics say, "Jarrett's Album" or Caitlynn's Album"......I have the kids take the pictures now so I don't have to be bothered with it :) . That and the fact that Jarrett rides in front most of time now since dad is Old, Fat and Scared......whereas the boy is Young, Lean and Fearless......so he makes it through the technical sections then stops and takes pictures of dad creeping/picking his way through.....