Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Last weekend's ride at McCain 04/21/12

Went out to my favorite spot last weekend, and wanted to show it to a buddy of mine who lives down in the desert, so Foster drove down from Desert Hot Springs so that he could escape the usual heat over there, while at the same time get to see some new scenery and trails. We both had GoPros, so I was shooting back at him, while he was shooting forward at me. We had a good time. Because he used to ride the pro class in motocross, it was very rare that I got ahead of him at all, and if I did, he just zipped the gap right up.

I was probably riding a bit stiffer than usual, and managed to give the new bikey it's first dumping, caught on camera. Nothing dramatic, just lost my balance and had the front end wash out on a tight downhill turn (it's tighter than it looks).

It was probably the warmest day of the week, certainly warmer than when I rode with Bigwvjumper and Corpic on Thursday. I was still fussing around with the settings on my rear shock and hadn't quite gotten it dialed in, so if the bike looks a tad bouncy in some areas, it's because I didn't have enough rebound dampening set.

It's kind of a long video, but a very nice trail...so come ride along!

Nice! Well, except for the crash. At least you got it over with and now you can relive it any time you want.

Thanks for the vid. I couldn't make it out this weekend so it was fun to watch a ride instead. Kind of looked like a lot of our rides out there when I'm following you around. Good stuff!

Nice! Well, except for the crash.

Oh well, Foster seemed to be enjoying that part! :lol:

There was footage shot from my helmet pointing at Foster. He was quite the ham, wheelying, hopping around, waving, flashing the victory sign, etc.... Was really nice, but being a rookie at uploading videos to Youtube, I lost that segment. The message on the screen showed a green checkmark, so I put the chip back in my camera and reformatted it. When I looked at the computer screen again, the message was that the video had been rejected for length! So I had to get some approval code to post videos longer than 15 minutes....but it was too late for that clip. Live and learn. :(

On the flipside, here's a clip of Foster from my camera. Don't worry, it's a short video. B)

That cam facing back thing is definitly on the agenda its fun and with the 2 cams a nice edit can make that ride video super cool. good job, its funny knowing the area, but when I see the vids I never recognize anything. Glad the 3 honey is getting the job done!

The WR is nicest trail bike that I have ever had. I rode Foster's 2012 KTM 300. It was smooth, fast and had the magic button, but felt almost like a big bike with a smaller displacement engine in it compared to the Husqvarna. The Husky is just FUN. Foster also rode my bike. He agreed that the WR had it across the board in the power department. :king:

There is only the rest of this week and the beginning of next left of red sticker season, so I have been making the most of riding the bike. I'll probably get to ride ride it a couple more times before it gets stored for the summer. <_<

When I get a new computer, I will get a program for converting and editing video. Till then, all my videos go straight off the chip to Youtube.