Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hammerin Hammon

Corral Canyon Friday 6-8-07

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I have been itcing to go shred up some trails (Black diamond) on my wifes crf !50 :ph34r: If I dont go to Corral Canyon I would like to ride Stefanos (North Co.) Technical trails, on same bike. Then hit the MX track.

I have been itcing to go shred up some trails (Black diamond) on my wifes crf !50 :ph34r: If I dont go to Corral Canyon I would like to ride Stefanos (North Co.) Technical trails, on same bike. Then hit the MX track.

Fine, take your li'l crf up over Bronco Peak. Not too bad going up the north east side from Bobcat meadows, but really wacky on the west side going into Corral Canyon campground. Be ready to really tear up your skid plate though.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Fine, take your li'l crf up over Bronco Peak. Not too bad going up the north east side from Bobcat meadows, but really wacky on the west side going into Corral Canyon campground. Be ready to really tear up your skid plate though.

Well I have never riden there but 15 years ago I used to race there every year. Nothing was realy hard back then. I do remember some rocks. I love rocks. :)

Well I have never riden there but 15 years ago I used to race there every year. Nothing was realy hard back then. I do remember some rocks. I love rocks. :)

You will love this trail then. Don't mash your wifes bike up too bad :P

What time are you planning on getting there HH? My daughters CRF230 would like a beating also.

Tom

Guest Hammerin Hammon

around 9 am.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I am going to ride the 150 in North Co. I couldnt get into the lond drive its almost 6.am. Sunny and nice here on the beach in Carlsbad. :)

Thats my Brother in laws bike. He was just leaving for work on his sick commuter bike. :ph34r:

post-465-1181308073_thumb.jpg

post-465-1181308121_thumb.jpg

Hey Hammer, to me, the CRF150 is a very heavy bike, slow, and boring. I had the original model which was really bad (would never kick start no matter the jetting), so maybe your wife's is much better.. the only advantage I see in technical ride is being smaller so you can use your feet. Hope you are having fun! But, I really think you should get a CRF450 (since you are a Honda guy) for technical rides and stop playing around with a very heavy, poorly designed, play bike!!! :):P:) Ups, now I'm the one hijacking the thread to trash a bike... :P Oh, well, that CRF150 left me stranded so many times in Corral Canyon that I still have nightmares about it.. :ph34r:

Hey Hammer, to me, the CRF150 is a very heavy bike, slow, and boring. I had the original model which was really bad (would never kick start no matter the jetting), so maybe your wife's is much better.. the only advantage I see in technical ride is being smaller so you can use your feet. Hope you are having fun! But, I really think you should get a CRF450 (since you are a Honda guy) for technical rides and stop playing around with a very heavy, poorly designed, play bike!!! :):P:) Ups, now I'm the one hijacking the thread to trash a bike... :P Oh, well, that CRF150 left me stranded so many times in Corral Canyon that I still have nightmares about it.. :ph34r:

That bike was famous for tough starting! I think Honda finally fixed it this year with the new model.

Nothing at Corral is really that rough... Pyro rode his KLR on some of the rougher trails on the semi-ride a couple of weeks back. you're right... stalling a kick bike halfway up Bronco would be a bummer

I will probably be out there with the kids this weekend, so Bronco will be off the list.

See you guys out there... yellow drz, blue ttr and red xr70

I consider my truly underpowered, undersprung(even for me) and overweight CRF 150 an absolute joy to ride on the narley stuff. It is a nostalgic ride that takes me back to the days when all trail bikes were about that size, no matter what displacement they were, except that back then they REALLY had no power, no brakes, no handling and of course, no suspension-oh and no reliability too! As you must know, I took the little beast on the Pinnacles 50 miler, and would have done the tough trail if I wasn't so lazy. The later CRF 150 had a different design top end (with slightly smaller displacement)and "the magic button" making it a very agreeable starting machine, even in the event of a very rare dumping.

If you are talking the Sagebrush Safari, those trails (cross country) or THAT trail (downhill and SuperD) are NOTHING like Bronco. If you did the downhill or superD, THAT is the "club trail" of Kearnan. What year did you race there?

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Its just too easy on that awsome 650l. I need a challenge. :ph34r: