Rode out late Saturday morning to Ramona to do some of Crawdaddy's "Basic Ramona Loop" solo. Pamo --> Forest --> Ysabel --> 78 --> Rodriguez Spur --> Blair Valley, back through Julian. Gorgeous day. Here are some pictures, and some bonus shots from last weekend's ride up Nate Harrison grade.

Entrance to Forest. Stopped here to get my tire pressure down to 18psi. A couple DS riders I didn't recognize passed by on the KTMs they'd trailered out.

i-48N69XR-M.jpg

Sutherland

i-g24WtxH-M.jpg

Entrance to Rodriguez -- open!

i-jjSxqW4-M.jpg

Views off Rodriguez. Blair Valley.

i-kp6S5g6-M.jpg

In the Valley. Some sand but not difficult riding.

i-gFcQFm4-M.jpg

Had fun hanging with some crotch rockets in the twisties on the way back home. Total distance: 180 miles. Looking forward to doing more exploration of the roads in this area.

Here are some views from Nate Harrison in the late afternoon the previous Saturday:

i-dhZBRcN-M.jpg

i-Bg3TRXr-M.jpg

i-5wqKQhq-M.jpg

i-jbtwXZL-M.jpg

i-SJ4VCsH-M.jpg

i-zsLpTTq-M.jpg

i-T5WwFtN-M.jpg

-Fabless

Rode out late Saturday morning to Ramona to do some of Crawdaddy's "Basic Ramona Loop" solo.

Curtis - Buzz me next time and I'll see if I can join you....

Thats a mean lookin bike. Thanks for the post.

Thanks. It's mean-looking because it got beat up as a child. :rolleyes:

It has inspired me to go places I wouldn't have on a heavier bike, giving me some great riding experiences; has been very reliable and durable so far; and has been extremely fun to ride on lots of different terrain. I'm really happy with my choice. Looking forward to taking it to Zion, as well as back to Bar 10 this year.

-Fabless

Rode out late Saturday morning to Ramona to do some of Crawdaddy's "Basic Ramona Loop" solo.

Curtis - Buzz me next time and I'll see if I can join you....

Will do. I'm letting you know I'll be availing myself of your help picking up my bike on some of the crazy trails you're bound to take me to. :heh: I'm thinking of riding a different loop in the same general area this weekend -- but am happy to follow your lead. Have a radio now, too.

-Fabless

Will do. I'm letting you know I'll be availing myself of your help picking up my bike on some of the crazy trails you're bound to take me to. :heh: I'm thinking of riding a different loop in the same general area this weekend -- but am happy to follow your lead. Have a radio now, too.

-Fabless

I'm home this weekend....Daughter #2, Caitlynn, is having an engagement party from 4-6pm on Sat......

email me....

-Fabless

Saturday or Sunday?

-Fabless

Saturday or Sunday?

Weather predictions of rain this weekend suggest that Saturday morning would be the best time. I'm good for as early as you want to start. Let me know!

-Fabless

Great PICS, looks like a perfect day..we've had alot of those lately...... :coolio:

Weather predictions of rain this weekend suggest that Saturday morning would be the best time. I'm good for as early as you want to start. Let me know!

-Fabless

Was I a religious person, not riding in the rain would be one of the commandments.

I suppose the it would be the Church of NonAdv Riders.

Let's see how the weather goes, but I remain interested.

My buddy and I were just at the Rodriguez truck trail on Tuesday. We go shooting up there quite a bit. That gate has always been open as long as I have been going up there. We saw 3 guys on dualsports out there. Its the gate at the end you have to worry about. I heard it's locked most of the time.

My buddy and I were just at the Rodriguez truck trail on Tuesday. We go shooting up there quite a bit. That gate has always been open as long as I have been going up there. We saw 3 guys on dualsports out there. Its the gate at the end you have to worry about. I heard it's locked most of the time.

Not sure what gate you're talking about? :blink: ........if you're referring to the gate just up from Banner Grade it just "appears" locked sometimes.....pretty sure it's almost always open....

just wondering if the trail goes all the way through to the 79 or S2. I have heard that there are gates at those locations that are locked.

just wondering if the trail goes all the way through to the 79 or S2. I have heard that there are gates at those locations that are locked.

Rodriguez connects to 78 at Banner Grade......then you have the option of going up and over Rodriguez Spur or staying on the main Rodriguez trail through Oriflame Canyon......both merge and connect to Mason TT in Oriflame Canyon......Mason connects to S2....

The 79 is nowhere near that area? :blink:

Orosco Ridge, Lusardi TT and Black Mtn TT are all dead ends out of Ramona due to locked gates.....

Orosco is sort of a waste of time IMHO (but not a bad spot to take little kids on stickered bikes/quads to learn to ride)

Lusardi and Black Mtn are fun......both require a street plate......sometimes I'll run both Lusardi and Black Mtn before continuing across Santa Isabel......

Santa Isabel TT connects Pamu Rd. and Black Canyon Rd. (by Black Canyon Bridge)

FYI: Due to rain predictions ALL the gates(except orosco) at theBOTTOM of the forest roads along Pamo road are locked..(guess USFS does that to prevent road damage?)....I was there yesterday.....you can push the bike over the horse gates,..a bit of a pain, but do-able...usually the big lower gates are open...