robertaccio

Pay extra for good tie downs

Ok I can't resist, back when I had my auto repair shop in Alpine I had some young guys stop in and ask if I had any rope for sale, the obvious answer was "no that would be the hardware store across the street", They went across the street leaving their bikes and quad laden truck at my shop. Upon their empty handed return I looked at their "tiedowns", they were using twine and they were to broke to buy rope and essentials for the desert. I made them a deal, if they held me harmless I would supply them with about a 150' of old airline, the only condition being I did not want to know if it did not work and I did not want it back. They spent about 45 minutes doing very inventive tieing and tugging, I looked it over just out of curiousity and was impressed, I wonder if they made it?

Plus it was in front of God and everyone, it was a traffic stopper, if no-one saw it it would not have been as bad!!!.

The many emotions of Robert on that day: First :blink:, then :blush:, followed by :crying_anim02:, and finally :angry2:.

We like the ProTaper tie downs. They swivel on one end to so you don't have to deal with twisted tie downs. I suppose the swivel part would be the weakest link, but they claim a 1200 lb tensile strength.

post-1009-082356000 1328541414_thumb.jpg

These are nice, I have the cheaper version without the swivel and they work great in my van which as PP said is a cheater, worst case you punch a hole through the side.

I bought a set of KTM ties downs that really I like. All the hook ends have a spring loaded clip, they're wide and the part that locks them works really good. I still do one tie to keep them from coming loose.

For the ratchet style it's best to get more than 1 or 2 loops around the center pin to help lock the strap. A lot of people pull the tie down tight and then ratchet it with a small amount around the center pin, which can slip and come loose. We've had our car come lose in the trailer this way.

I have a Brand new Husky Taillight assembly. Stock New takeoffs from a husky 450,5 somethin and a 6 somethin, 610? They swithched at new for sicass lighting.

I have a Brand new Husky Taillight assembly. Stock New takeoffs from a husky 450,5 somethin and a 6 somethin, 610? They swithched at new for sicass lighting.

Is that one of those taillights that have the batman retractable tie downs in them??

Is that one of those taillights that have the batman retractable tie downs in them??

Steve, bring it over next time you come I will trade you a drill press for it. :coolio: I destroyed my last one.

Is this something you are selling, or giving away?