Sign in to follow this  
roadchick

GPS-Anything under $350 that you recommend

I read through A LOT of the information on what people like and recommend, but it seems they are mostly $600 and up? I see the Montana and the Zumo mentioned,but am wondering if there is anything you would recommend under $350? If not, I will wait and purchase the more expensive ones recommended.

Thanks in advance!

Pretty much everyone in the club runs with the Garmin 60 CS series. Every now and then you see them pop up somewhere for around $200. Quick Google search and I found one for $240

A lot of us use and recommend the Garmin 60csx...under $350 at some places. Great unit !

Do a search for pricing.

Pretty much everyone in the club runs with the Garmin 60 CS series. Every now and then you see them pop up somewhere for around $200. Quick Google search and I found one for $240

I will look at these too!! Thanks!

I will look at these too!! Thanks!

I like the Garmin 60CSX. I've had one for a couple of years now. Also consider the wealth of info you have in one place with all the folks who have been using the exact device on this site...

I always recommend the 76 series over the 60 series.....the 76 is bigger (only downside) but it has a more rugged case/better Ram mount, the antenna is built into the packaging, and it's 100% water proof.....the 60 will slip out of its Ram mount, the antenna sticks out asking to be snapped off (I've snapped two) and it's water resistent as opposed to water proof. Functions/software is the same in both units......

West Marine has periodic sales on the 76cx. Right now it's listed at $199: http://www.westmarine.com/buy/products/11957-gpsmap-76cx-handheld-gps-americas-basemap.html

I always recommend the 76 series over the 60 series.....the 76 is bigger (only downside) but it has a more rugged case/better Ram mount, the antenna is built into the packaging, and it's 100% water proof.....the 60 will slip out of its Ram mount, the antenna sticks out asking to be snapped off (I've snapped two) and it's water resistent as opposed to water proof. Functions/software is the same in both units......

West Marine has periodic sales on the 76cx. Right now it's listed at $199: http://www.westmarine.com/buy/products/11957-gpsmap-76cx-handheld-gps-americas-basemap.html

Yeah, probably the way I will go if I break my 60. The screen looks smaller in the picture but it says its the same size.

Yeah, probably the way I will go if I break my 60. The screen looks smaller in the picture but it says its the same size.

Thanks for the additional information!

At Frys right now they have a Garmin Dakota 10 normally $300 on sale for $169. Waterproof,tough unit, you have to look on there web sight the in store price is different.

I use an etrex legend h series. That's the blue one. They're under $150 and they work just as well as the more expensive ones. When you take a piece of equipment places where it might get destroyed, it's better if it didn't cost much in the first place.