dsfox

Anza Borrego with Johnnybags

After Johnnybags has graciously hosted a couple summers worth of riding trips to Big Bear for me and many others here at SDAR...(always huge thanks John!!)

he finally came down to ride San Diego for the long weekend......It was great to have you visit John....hope you make it down for the desert dash....

Saturday: Crusty hosted a corral canyon ride to show him the more technical side of what our county has to offer....sounded like the guys had a great day...lost the camera though...bummer!!

Sunday: We were joined by hodnettjj and XR650Lbum...the 4 of us enjoyed a 115 mile loop of a variety of terrain through the Anza Borrego desert....a few new things for us....started at banner...down through des to slot canyons/ arroyo seco del diablo, diablo drop, out fish creek/split mt...across 78 to some fun trails near buttes pass, borrego mt and the slot, out to borrego springs for lunch at carlies....then up over culp, jasper, grapevine.....nothing too knarly for me, as I'm riding with a sprained ankle, so trying to take it a "little" easy.....

(I'd never been down the "slot" drop before..it's kind of like diablo, but way longer...no big deal really, but the 3' tall mogul field with equally deep holes filled with soft silt looked like it could be incredibly painful if I dumped the bike on my bad ankle....thanks to xr mike who offered me a bit of assistance down the steep part)....

Monday: Plan for today was to ride from home up black mt, santa ysabel TT mesa grande..... BUT the cold rainy day sent us to the beach for some breakfast instead......

P5140051.jpg

P5140053.jpg

P5140054.jpg

P5140056.jpg

INTERESTING GEOLOGIC FORMATIONS???? :blink:

P5140057.jpg

P5140058.jpg

COLORFUL ARRAY OF MACHINES

P5140061.jpg

MIKE DOWN DIABLO

P5140065.jpg

P5140066.jpg

P5140067.jpg

MONDAY'S DETOUR FROM RIDING

P5150071.jpg

P5150069.jpg

Thanks to DSFox for the invite. It was a fun ride. It was just what I was looking for. All day ride with exploring in new area.

001.jpg

I think is is Diablo drop.

002-2.jpg

The crew

We got separated for a short period and ended up at this drop.

004.jpg

It was steeper than pic shows.

On the way back we stop to find this guy in distress. Hodnettjj took him some oil.

005-1.jpg

Again great day. Would of been nice to try out the new radio set up, maybe next time. Nice to see Deb an Johnny again. Nice to meet Hodnettjj (aka Josh)

Deb, Crusty, HUGE thanks for the guided tour.

Jason, Wonderful meeting you.

And Mike, always good riding with you.

I've got my sights set on the DD but there are a couple pending issues. I should have an answer by Monday.