Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

One for the Hammer

Hammer Head, you'll love this story.....

So I decided to ride the 520 into work today since I've only ridden it once on a short night ride since I picked it up a few weeks ago.....there I am at a stop light.....ready to make a left turn.....drop it into first.....what ;) .....wait a minute :P .....where'd my shift lever go :unsure: .......looked back behind me and luckily it was on the ground about ~10 feet back .....bolt must've fallen off somewhere along the way and then it fell off the spline when I down shifted rolling up to the stop light.......had to put the bike on the kickstand......run back and pick up the lever (with on coming/paused traffic)......roll the bike over to the curb across paused traffic (luckily it was in neutral when the lever fell off) and cannibalize a bolt off my plastics to slide in and use to hold the shift lever in place......a bit late to work....a bit embarrassed/pissed.....oh well, better this morning than Sat morning.....guess the previous owner didn't lock-tight the retaining bolt that screws inside the spline and holds the shift lever on the spline.....I'll replace it properly when I get home tonight.....

Anyway, figured Hammer would enjoy that KTM mishap..... :D:D

I can only imagine the embarassment. Glad the shifter only fell a few feet behind you. It's nice that a bolt from your plastics fit your shifter. Good thinking on their part.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hammer Head, you'll love this story.....

So I decided to ride the 520 into work today since I've only ridden it once on a short night ride since I picked it up a few weeks ago.....there I am at a stop light.....ready to make a left turn.....drop it into first.....what :lol: .....wait a minute :blink: .....where'd my shift lever go :lol: .......looked back behind me and luckily it was on the ground about ~10 feet back .....bolt must've fallen off somewhere along the way and then it fell off the spline when I down shifted rolling up to the stop light.......had to put the bike on the kickstand......run back and pick up the lever (with on coming/paused traffic)......roll the bike over to the curb across paused traffic (luckily it was in neutral when the lever fell off) and cannibalize a bolt off my plastics to slide in and use to hold the shift lever in place......a bit late to work....a bit embarrassed/pissed.....oh well, better this morning than Sat morning.....guess the previous owner didn't lock-tight the retaining bolt that screws inside the spline and holds the shift lever on the spline.....I'll replace it properly when I get home tonight.....

Anyway, figured Hammer would enjoy that KTM mishap..... :lol:;)

Crawdad Shift levers fall off all bikes :boredom: :boredom: