Sign in to follow this  
mjlang

Who Wants to Ride this Weekend? 5/26, 27, or 28

Is there gas at the Banner Store (right in front of Rodriguez?

No gas at Banner Queen, Can gas up in Julian after 8am I believe. Santa Isabel is a 24 hour pump with credit card. It is approx 8 miles from Santa Isabel to Julian and about 8 miles more to the start point off Banner. So topping off in Julian could help. Or you could go straight to Grapevine.

Hmmmm, no gas at Banner Queen....that's what I thought.....what about Ranchita?.....is there any gas there since Grapevine heads right there if you don't turn off on Jasper? (I don't believe so)......I guess we could head straight to Grapevine (shorter ride/less dirt) or possibly drop to Borrego at the end of Grapevine, or those who need gas could hang a right and zip over to Warner Springs at the intersection of S2 and 79 before reversing course and coming back across 79 to 76/Hideout (there is gas at Warner Springs right?)

I'll ponder it some more.....off the cuff I'm thinking maybe we will head straight to Grapevine from Santa Isabel (via 78/Wynola/78) ........ride Grapevine/Jasper in both directions.......then head for the Hideout/lunch via 78/S2/79/76 unless someone knows a dirt route from Grapevine to 79?.....a shorter/quicker ride will help me (and probably others) secure future hall passes.....at least the ride would begin with dirt (Pamo/Forest Service Rd./Sutherland Rd.), have dirt in the middle (Grapevine/Jasper) and finish with dirt (Black Canyon/Forest Service/Pamo)......waaay too much road for my liking but fun none the less......

Is anyone planning on riding up from the coast, specifically Encinitas area? If so maybe we can ride up together? :lol:

Ron

I may go on this and will be leaving from Encinitas. I'll post up tomorrow when I know for sure.

Strike that, I must attend a wedding Saturday.

Laid the route out on Mapquest this morning and it's a bit too long between the gas stop in Santa Isabel and back to Ramona (~25 miles from Ramona to Santa Isabel and then ~115 from Santa Isabel back to Ramona via Wynola/Rodriguez (both directions)/78/Grapevine & Jasper (both directions)/78/S2/79/76/Hideout/Mesa Grande/Black Canyon/Forest Serice/Pamo/Packards.....~115 is to long of a long stretch......

Ok - let's try this

1st leg - Original Plan from Packards to Santa Isabel where we'll top off the gas before the next leg (~23 miles)

2nd Leg -

Santa Isabel (78) to Wynola

Wynola to 78/Banner Grade/Rodriguez

Rodriguez to S2

S2 to 78

78 to Grapevine

Grapevine to Jasper to S22 (u turn)

Jasper to Grapevine (right)

Grapevine up to S22

S22 to S2

S2 to 79

79 to 76

76 to Hideout

Mesa Grande to Black Canyon

Black Canyon to Forest Service Rd NF11504

NF 11504 to Pamo

Pamo/Haverford/Elm/7th -Packards

Second leg is either ~70 or ~95 miles (I think my route got truncated when I downloaded it?) If I screwed up on the 2nd leg mileage calculation I suppose we could ride over to Santa Isabel from the Hideout on 76/79 and re-fuel....

Happy to send the route to someone else to play with/correct me if I'm wrong on mileage...pm me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you....

Ok - let's try this

1st leg - Original Plan from Packards to Santa Isabel where we'll top off the gas before the next leg (~23 miles)

2nd Leg -

Santa Isabel (78) to Wynola

Wynola to 78/Banner Grade/Rodriguez

Rodriguez to S2

S2 to 78

78 to Grapevine

Grapevine to Jasper to S22 (u turn)

Jasper to Grapevine (right)

Grapevine up to S22

S22 to S2

S2 to 79

79 to 76

76 to Hideout

Mesa Grande to Black Canyon

Black Canyon to Forest Service Rd NF11504

NF 11504 to Pamo

Pamo/Haverford/Elm/7th -Packards

Second leg is either ~70 or ~95 miles (I think my route got truncated when I downloaded it?) If I screwed up on the 2nd leg mileage calculation I suppose we could ride over to Santa Isabel from the Hideout on 76/79 and re-fuel....

Happy to send the route to someone else to play with/correct me if I'm wrong on mileage...pm me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you....

I'd like to get a head count for tomorrow just so I know who to be looking for at Packard's - so, if there are any riders/lurkers out there (beyond the ones in this thread that already replied with an "in") please post your intent to join us or PM me to let me know .....likewise, I'd be happy to e-mail the GPS file/route I created to anyone who wants to upload it into their Garmin tonight (can't vouch for the accuracy on Rodriguez/Grapevine - had to do a bit of guess work on Map Source even though I was using the parks and rec's disk - it'll be interesting to compare the track log against the route I laid out on my computer)

The plan is to be rolling from Packards at 8am.....if you miss us there you can probably catch us at the gas station in Santa Isabel around ~9am.

Looking forward to getting out on my new (used) 520 (bringing a friend along on my 400)and also seeing some new/old faces.....

See ya in the morning,

Chris

I am planning on being there but dont wait for me if im not. B)

I am planning on being there but dont wait for me if im not. B)

I'm also planning on being there but I'm waiting for my hall pass. Wife wants to go to the river, I don't!

I might ;) not know until later this evening. So also don't wait for me either!

Ron

I bailed on the Big Bear ride. I'd like to Pyro up from Jamul and meet up with you guys. I am not familiar with North County riding at all, it sounds like a lot of fun. See ya at 7:30 at Pacords.

May have a few minutes to run from Julian with you guys. If I am there I will see you on Banner 9ish. Also available for support with truck and trailer -- I will pm cradaddy with #