kkug

Big Bike Ride Dec 11

Posible big bike ride in the works. More to come. Details later.

Details Post # 9

I might up for this ride as I need to put some miles on the new GS it has been sitting while his small brother drz is getting abused.This time of the year is very busy for me work wise so finding time is hard with the holidays and work being super busy but it's my birthday on Sunday so unless the wife got me scheduled for something early that day I will take the day and go riding.

Driss

Ok I am sticking my neck out--We are off to the Wine Country south of Tecate. Pavment on the US side,some dirt on the Mexico side. Driss you can bypass the dirt and meet you further down the road.

Any takers ??

A good friend of mine from morocco has owned a winery in the Guadalupe valley for over 20 years, maybe we can stop and have lunch there if everyone concurs, it sure is a very good idea to ride down that part of north Baja.Ken, always the good planner go Ken. I don't have to bypass anything I will just ride the DRZ and now I can keep up with you on the highway laugh.gif The DRZ is not a KLX250mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif But if you want to do a Tarmac only with very very mild offroad I will bring the tank it really could use some seat time by the way, until I change the tires to knobbies the BMW is not going offroad unless I have to and sometimes my handle bars strangely pull me In the direction of dirt.

1323062331[/url]' post='116865']

Ok I am sticking my neck out--We are off to the Wine Country south of Tecate. Pavment on the US side,some dirt on the Mexico side. Driss you can bypass the dirt and meet you further down the road.

Any takers ??

Is this a one day trip? My GS has been sitting idle for a while also...if its anything like the road to Mike's Sky Ranch I'll be riding the 530 exc!!!

1323185774[/url]' post='116940']

Is this a one day trip? My GS has been sitting idle for a while also...if its anything like the road to Mike's Sky Ranch I'll be riding the 530 exc!!!

Michael,

You learned fastbiggrin.gif as it took you one trip down to Baja on your GS to buy a small bike it took me three trips to decide I need a smaller bike for Mike's Sky Ranch, can the GS make it yes is it as much fun defenetely NO. I am looking forward to riding with you again if you come on Sunday and yes it's a day trip but it will be cold, in the morning news they said it was 32 in Carlsbad if my memory is working that is cold for an early start but we will see what the group decide on saddle time on Sunday. I will contact Joris and our German guy from the last trip and see if they want to come also.

Ok details for the ride.

North County folk meet at Sunset Dr. ( across from N County Fair at the driving range parking lot.)at 8:30 AM

Anyone who wants to meet in Tecate USA ( at the gas station mini mart )--meet us at 9:45-10;00 AM Top off tanks.

We will cross boarder-go to Rancho Santa Verionca--go past on dirt roads to El Testerazo-hit the pavement -go to Guadalupe Valley to eat and goof off somewhere-back to Tecate on the pavement--back home .

Millage

Esc to Tec-61

Tec to Gua--68 ( 26 dirt )

Gua to Tec-50-60

Tec to Esc 61

Total 230-240 miles

Dress warm and bring $$$ and passports

Driss what is the name of your friends restaurant ?

Later

The road is not as bad as mikes but their may be ruts and small patches of sand. But what do I know. We are only going to do aprox 26-30 miles of dirt.

I'm good to go, not exactly sure where the meet up spot is but I'm sure I can find it. Is anyone else going to have a radio. If not I won't bother with mine.

Chris

I have to work in the morning and it I might be able to pull it off and be in on this. I may bypass the dirt and just slab it on the Ducati. Compadre was big bike friendly, I recall one big water/mud spot to cross and the ruts on the uphill.

@Micheal 15 the road to Mike's was grated for the 1000, it was an easy easy ride even for me a few weeks ago.

(646) 177 33 03

(646) 177 2221

http://www.chateau-camou.com.mx/

I will contact him tomorrow to see if he will be in town as he usually travels home for the holidays and spends the month of December with his family in Morocco and France. I will also ask if they serve lunch without wine testing as that might be a problem for some of us including me I love wine but not when I am on two wheeler.

(646) 177 33 03

(646) 177 2221

http://www.chateau-camou.com.mx/

I will contact him tomorrow to see if he will be in town as he usually travels home for the holidays and spends the month of December with his family in Morocco and France. I will also ask if they serve lunch without wine testing as that might be a problem for some of us including me I love wine but not when I am on two wheeler.

If he does not serve food ask him where we can go.

Ken,My friend Diego is in he told me last night he's coming for sure he will be on his HP2 but might bring the GS1200 if the weather is cold when he leaves home he said. Apparently last week he was freezing on his way to and back from a ride and he said he had the BMW rally suit on but he said the HP2 doesn't have protection like his GS and no heated grips, bottom line it will be decision time for him only when he's ready to saddle. His roommate might come also I will now today from him he's got a GS650 by the way.

I will be there on GS. Can I talk you guys into the cheese caves in Ojos for lunch? Driss give your friends my # if they want to ride out together. I have to work in the morning but should be able to get it all done in time.

I will be there on GS. Can I talk you guys into the cheese caves in Ojos for lunch? Driss give your friends my # if they want to ride out together. I have to work in the morning but should be able to get it all done in time.

Sondra -we are going to Guadalupe Valley . Remember the dirt rd from Rancho Santa Veronica we took in fall- When we come out to the Hwy. we turn left and go to Guadalupe Valley.

What time are you done with work and what time do you think you will cross the Boarder ?

We will try to go to Driss,s friends winery Chateau Camou. Driss is checking on the details.

Its Driss,s birthday tomorrow. :party:

If you plan to go to the Escondido location to meet up --We might be running late but we will swing buy. PM me if you are going to the Esc. location.So that means we might be a bit later in Tecate.

We need to heard cats in the morning.