Tree

CTR San Felipe Trip report

We started out bright and early Friday morning crossing the border before the sun was up around 5:30am. Three on bikes (myself, Javi, and Tin Man) and two in our chase Hummer (Mike and his brother Charles). We knew with the small group it was going to be a fast trip. Ran through Tecate, down compadre trail, and was in ojos Pemex by 8:30 we were faster on the bikes but had to wait at various points to make sure our chase Hummer was still behind us but Charles did a great job driving. It was his first time in Baja and of course the Mexican Army always had to check the vehicle while they waved us straight through and even motioned for us to do wheelies. After gas at Ojos, us on the bikes took some of the 1000 course, stopped at Tres Hermanos for our customary photo then took part of last years 500 course and meet back up with the Hummer in Valle Trinidade for lunch at about 11am. Had a nice lunch and headed for San Felipe by 1pm and meet back up with The hummer in San Felipe by 2:30pm. We settled into our Hotell rooms showered and hit the town for dinner and drinks. The second day was about relaxing poolside and checking out all the people in town pre-running the course and making new friends. That evening we watched the Pacquiao vs Marquez fight at the Cortez. Javi had talked to Jorge the owner of the El Cortez the night before and he reserved a table for us. The place was packed. We had two baja legends, Larry Rossler and Mark Mcmillan, at our table after the fight was over. Javi will post the pictures. It rained pretty good Saturday night something the locals say is very rare. Sunday was epic conditions for riding no dust and very tacky. Myself and Tin Man started accross the lake bed but it was too muddy and slippery to be safe so we cut east to the base of the sand dunes which made for a much better ride. Only drawback for me was when we gassed up in Indepdencia I notice gas leaking out my tank in got a hole I thing just from normal wear and tear cause I kept the buke upright the whole time. So it ended up on the back of the hummer with me riding inside until Tecate. We had dumped enough gas in the hummer so when we got to Tecate I unloaded the bike and rode across the border to save on the wait. Great times were had by all. :king:

Do any fishing ?

No Fishing. It was a bit breezy and cloudy offshore so we stuck to land. There's the reason to go back as if I needed one.

We need pictures and pictures and pictures. We get our turns on Friday we might not go now to San Felipe just because we will be stuck at Mike's on Saturday they will be using 14 miles of the 20+ that we need to travel to get out Mike's unless the guys want to ride the back rode but I doubt this will happen. I am Glad you guys added another ride to Baja to the history books that went safely.

Now let see the pictures

Here's a couple Photos

End of compadre trail waiting on the Hummer <a%20href=PICT0006.jpg">

Tres hemanos <a%20href=PICT0009.jpg">

chilling at El Cortez with the legends<a%20href=PICT0016.jpg">

How many chest protectors does he wear? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Does he need that many like me drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

How about the bluuuuuuue gloves they look like they are from my mechanic drawer, you guys really didn't see that. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I am gladd you guys had a great ride and safe time in Baja I can't wait to go riding with you guys and finally meet you.

The blue gloves are worn under my riding gloves in cold and wet weather to keep my hands dry and warmer. They keep your hands from getting grimey for minor maintenance also. I carry a few pairs in my baja bag.

Thanks for the info's I just learned another trick from another SDAR member.

I can't believe how much I am learning here, thank you all for the help and support you guys give others.

Guys you see what happens when you try to make fun of another fellow member outfit, you learn a new trick keep them coming.