X-country-Rider

San Diego County Back Country Adventure Route

You going to invite the rest of us? Ok maybe June instead of May. From Descanso we go Old Hwy 80 to Pine Valley and then take Pine Creek Rd a single lane paved sometimes steep but interesting rd to Mt. Laguna. Theres a dirt offshoot rd that maybe an option but its gated right now. Awesome views looking down into Noble Canyon.

DSC07203.jpg

DSC07196.jpg

DSC07202.jpg

I'm a big wimp when it comes to the heat. June in the desert seems a bit late in the season to me for that. I'd prefer late April myself, even then it could be pretty warm. Just my .02

You do make a good point. What weekend?

And I'm putting together some loops for the TJ feel good tour. So far I have 50 miles and that was just because I had to come home today. I'll put something together in a bit in another thread for that, just wanted to put it out there.

I did noble canyon years ago DH bike. Is it open to motos?

Pine Creek is open all year its actually right next to my house but theres also a dirt offshoot rd not sure what its called that cuts off Pine Creek and goes to the top of Laguna but its gated in the winter. Not sure if it will be an option or not in late April.

You going to invite the rest of us? Ok maybe June instead of May. From Descanso we go Old Hwy 80 to Pine Valley and then take Pine Creek Rd a single lane paved sometimes steep but interesting rd to Mt. Laguna. Theres a dirt offshoot rd that maybe an option but its gated right now. Awesome views looking down into Noble Canyon.

Anyone is welcome (encouraged) to join me on the Utah trip. I'm excited beyond words about this trip.

My vote would be for the 3rd or 4th weekend. Got commitments already before that.

My vote would be for the 3rd or 4th weekend. Got commitments already before that.

Sat 21st and 22nd of April? Thats my birthday weekend:) Maybe my wife could meet me in Idyllwild.

Here's a PDF document of the trails near Anza, Hemet and Idyllwild. I've refined the route a bit more as well. I altered the route for Rouse Hill Rd (FR 5S15) so we get more dirt and then the ability to head up Bee to Idyllwild on dirt and not hard top.

Forest Service PDF Doc

Ride report of Rouse Hill Rd

Dirtdadx Ride Report

The downside is that its not open until May 1st so no April Ride :(

Here's a PDF document of the trails near Anza, Hemet and Idyllwild. I've refined the route a bit more as well. I altered the route for Rouse Hill Rd (FR 5S15) so we get more dirt and then the ability to head up Bee to Idyllwild on dirt and not hard top.

Forest Service PDF Doc

Dirtdadx Ride Report

How about May 5 and 6?

Forest Service PDF Doc

Dirtdadx Ride Report

How about May 5 and 6?

Sounds awesome!! Todays my last day of exile from ADVrider!! So we can conspire on the tread you created and then maybe create a separate thread for this route? Or just keep it on the hijinks thread?

Sounds awesome!! Todays my last day of exile from ADVrider!! So we can conspire on the tread you created and then maybe create a separate thread for this route? Or just keep it on the hijinks thread?

I'd say let's let the Hijinks thread be what it is: an on-going update for the next ride in line. Right now, it looks like this will be the next big ride.

Heres another campground option. I know nothing really about it but its at the top of Grape Vine near Warner Springs and ran on an Indian Reservation. Which would mean Grape Vine would be the end of day one. That could help make a good split of the route. los Coyotes

Update: I just called the Tribe they have outhouse's and running water at the campsites. They normally don't have firewood available but they maybe able to acquire some for use. They are going to email me to let me know if they can accommodate. This of course is just an option so we can ride Grape Vine/Culp/Jasper the first day so the second day is not so long. Looking for feedback on what you all think about this option. Down side no hot tubs :(.

Looks like GB the mod made my ban permanent over at Advrider.

You sure your ban doesn't end at the end of the day today? I haven't been banned over there (yet) so not sure how it works.

You sure your ban doesn't end at the end of the day today? I haven't been banned over there (yet) so not sure how it works.

Originally it said until the 20th but now it says permanent. This really confirms my suspicion.

banned.jpg

Originally it said until the 20th but now it says permanent. This really confirms my suspicion.

banned.jpg

Wow. That's pretty f'ed.

That's unfortunate. Perhaps we can start a petition?

It won't work.

Unbelievable. And after we all told him how loveable you are!

We're going to miss your input, especially on the rides you're planning.

I hope you end up getting back on ADV. Or we can move the entire thread over here.

It won't work.

It will work in getting those involved banned. Rule changes a while back made all Mod decisions final. Bitching just gets the bitcher in trouble. Afraid there is not much we can do really.

The fake n00b didn't last long did it Craig? :lol: And that probably just set his mind that he was right in making it perm.

The fake n00b didn't last long did it Craig? :lol: And that probably just set his mind that he was right in making it perm.

Did you try a different IP address?