X-country-Rider

San Diego County Back Country Adventure Route

Lost Valley Road near the Glider Port connects to that area too.Indian Flats campground is 7mi. in on pavement, then it`s dirt. Campground open 5/1-2/29

Stagecoach to Anza...and beyond.

Maybe we stop near Idyllwild.

Blake,

Heres my first attempt at the oct ride route.

http://www.dualsport...om/?link=102569

Blake,

You mentioned on ADVRIDER you wanted to start in Julian? Should we start at the Santa Ysabel gas staion? I think that could be a good meet up spot. We should also discuss if we still want to stay at Butterfield or maybe disperse camp up along grapevien/culp/jasper? I heard they have a campground but then we have a wood/beer problem.

aaaaand, now i'm banned from ADV. and I didn't even say something about someones mom.....

Some sensitive little flowers over there!! What did you do to get the boot?

aaaaand, now i'm banned from ADV. and I didn't even say something about someones mom.....

Some sensitive little flowers over there!! What did you do to get the boot?

I posted a link to a clymer on my google docs. I let it play too long, I should have deleted it quicker.

Blake,

You mentioned on ADVRIDER you wanted to start in Julian? Should we start at the Santa Ysabel gas staion? I think that could be a good meet up spot. We should also discuss if we still want to stay at Butterfield or maybe disperse camp up along grapevien/culp/jasper? I heard they have a campground but then we have a wood/beer problem.

Must have wood and beer!

Blake,

Must have wood and beer!

I'm trying to convince my wife to run the support truck. :unsure:

Check out Bee canyon where this proposed route ends

and Palomar Divide another proposed addition

and Pine Creek Rd from Pine Valley to Mt. Laguna

Must have wood and beer!

Maybe we can do a wood drop with the trucks a day or 2 in advance, I would even leave a couple of cases out there. Camping in the desert is always better than camping in a campground.

Must have wood and beer!

Maybe we can do a wood drop with the trucks a day or 2 in advance, I would even leave a couple of cases out there. Camping in the desert is always better than camping in a campground.

I googled the camp ground we'd also need a metal fire pit.

Must have wood and beer!

I googled the camp ground we'd also need a metal fire pit.

I got an old washing machine tub we use. Might want more than one though.

I'm old. I like campgrounds. I don't like carrying a ton of water with me and I've done enough "wilderness" camping for a life time.

Signed, Grumpy Old Fart.

I'm old. I like campgrounds. I don't like carrying a ton of water with me and I've done enough "wilderness" camping for a life time.

Signed, Grumpy Old Fart.

:rolleyes:

Suck it up Jarhead. If I can handle it, so can you. :angry:

Signed, Grumpy Old Fart.

:rolleyes:

Suck it up Jarhead. If I can handle it, so can you. :angry:

It is a campground but does not have fire pits or running water. We could set up camp and do a beer/wood/warwe run to the store down the road in Ranchita. It has out houses so no cholla will get your tender parts.

Check out Bee canyon where this proposed route ends

and Palomar Divide another proposed addition

and Pine Creek Rd from Pine Valley to Mt. Laguna

Yes, Yes and Yes.

A couple of people could carry some of these

minikeg.jpg

split a smaller weber bbq and you can use it as fire pits

everyone carry 1 or 2 logs

You guys are talking big bikes on fire roads. Should not be difficult.

I was carry a bag of wood on this trip.

100_0783.jpg

The more i think about it Oct seems like a long time. What do you guys think of a late May ride and camp? Have you guys looked at the proposed route? Feedback is every welcome. I have it starting in Ramona and ending in Hemet. There's a couple roads near Anza that i haven't found much info on so if your familiar with the area check out the route and chime in. This one should be big bike friendly. We also need a name and since this has grown bigger than my ideas i just don't want to make one up myself. I'm thinking something like Ramona to Idyllwild Big Bike Adventure Route.

http://www.dualsportmaps.com/?link=102611

San Diego Adventure Hijinks, Round 2. :-)

Your route looks good. I'm camping and my iPhone isn't the best tool for viewing the map, but how are you getting us from Descanso out to the Stage Route? Is that a trail?

Also, the end of May is when I'm doing the 9-day Utah ride.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=764019

-B

You going to invite the rest of us? Ok maybe June instead of May. From Descanso we go Old Hwy 80 to Pine Valley and then take Pine Creek Rd a single lane paved sometimes steep but interesting rd to Mt. Laguna. Theres a dirt offshoot rd that maybe an option but its gated right now. Awesome views looking down into Noble Canyon.

DSC07203.jpg

DSC07196.jpg

DSC07202.jpg

San Diego Adventure Hijinks, Round 2. :-)

Your route looks good. I'm camping and my iPhone isn't the best tool for viewing the map, but how are you getting us from Descanso out to the Stage Route? Is that a trail?

Also, the end of May is when I'm doing the 9-day Utah ride.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=764019

-B

You going to invite the rest of us? Ok maybe June instead of May. From Descanso we go Old Hwy 80 to Pine Valley and then take Pine Creek Rd a single lane paved sometimes steep but interesting rd to Mt. Laguna. Theres a dirt offshoot rd that maybe an option but its gated right now. Awesome views looking down into Noble Canyon.

DSC07203.jpg

DSC07196.jpg

DSC07202.jpg

Here's a video from the dirt option that may or may not be gated. Thats my Xcountry.

DSC07203.jpg

DSC07196.jpg

DSC07202.jpg

I'm a big wimp when it comes to the heat. June in the desert seems a bit late in the season to me for that. I'd prefer late April myself, even then it could be pretty warm. Just my .02