Sign in to follow this  
KLXBEN

Go Cart track back open in East County!

River Canyon Raceway (next to marshall scotty's in Lakeside) Is now open under new ownership. This track has been closed since 1997 and will have it grand opening on Nov 5. I met the people who went through all the hassles of re-opening it are they are real nice people. When I was there Sat night they had 4 cars running which are now sprint car style go carts. The track is the same and they plan on waxing it after the grand opening to make it the true slick track it used to be. Right now it really hooks up. I grew up at this track and have many fond memories so I was very excited to see the lights on. Go check it out as of saturday it costs $8 per ticket (20 laps) $20 for three tickets and $50 for ten tickets. They are also looking for sponsors to fill the advertising spaces along the fence. I have the pr guys number so if interested let me know. Open 1:OO-9:OO PM. Lets get out there and race!!!

Ben

Is there a website of any kind so that we can check it out?

When I 1st read this I thought somebody was going to resurect the KDKA Go-Cart on Hwy 94 and Steel Canyon. I lived like a block away from there till I turned 13.

While growing up out there it seemed like we were at a different Birthday Party every weekend at Marshall Scottys or down at Belmont Park before it closed. I still have pics of the Merry Go-Round Swing? The thing with seats on chains that spun around thing. LOL

Christ Lutheran K-5

Avocado Elementary 6th

Emerald Junior High 7th and then moved.

SDAR race night !

Thats what Im talkin about!