Sign in to follow this  
kkug

Horizons Unlimited Motorcycle Travellers Meeting

I just signed up.

Anyone from here going ?

I just signed up.

Anyone from here going ?

How about a LINK and some details please.

I was approached to speak at the event but I'm having my gallbladder removed this Monday so I'm out.....

Here's some background info on Horizons and the event:

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Subject: Horizons Unlimited California Travelers Meeting - 2011

To: crawdad996@cox.net

Hi Chris,

I'm the host of the Horizons Unlimited California Travelers' Meeting. I'm guessing you may be familiar with HU (if not, I’ve included some information at the end of this email.)

The meeting is an annual weekend gathering of motorcycle travelers (about 250 this year, on the Central Coast, Oct 14-16) where we exchange information and tales of our adventures. Details of the meeting schedule are on the Registration Page. Several presenters have been added to the schedule since the last web update, including:

Nicole Espinosa - Solo woman adventurer

Coach2Ride - off road riding skills

Alisa Clickenger - Adventure traveler

Clement Salvadori of Rider Magazine,

Roger Toevs of ADVrider.com,

Carla King - Author, photographer and adventurer

Henry Tate - Million mile traveler,

Chris Sidah of Rider Magazine,

Erdem Yucel - RTW traveler.

Our goal for the meeting is to offer presentations that give the attendees solid and useful information to help them successfully plan and complete their motorcycle travels. To that end, we'll be offering presentations on flat tire repair, road side emergency mechanics, first aid, motorcycle ergonimics, cooking on the road and off road riding skills, among others.

I've noticed your new web site, and several of the presenters have suggested I contact you about offering a presentation on GPS. Every time I mention the idea to someone they respond "I could really use that", so I feel confident that there would be a lot of interested people at the meeting. While a 45 minute talk is not going to make anyone a GPS expert, a solid introduction along with a chance to ask questions would be very helpful, and it would give you the opportunity to introduce our group to the services you are offering.

If you think you might be interested, give a call or an email and we'll figure something out. If not - maybe you'd just like to take a ride to Cambria in October and spend a weekend on the coast. We'd love to have you!

Best regards,

Mike Dimond

Local Host

Horizons Unlimited California Meeting - 2011

805 674-1496

Horizons Unlimited

Horizons Unlimited is an online community of motorcyclists who have an interest in long distance travel. First created in 1997, with the addition of the HUBB and E-zine in 1999 and 2000, the site has become a home and a focus for thousands of motorcyclists around the world.

There are over 7,000 pages of superb content and gorgeous photos, including exciting, humorous and sometimes terrifying stories from intrepid motorcycle adventurers in Africa, South America, Asia, Australia and RTW. Our Trip Planning section has a wide range of articles and stories covering how to get yourself and your motorcycle across the continent or around the world, including where and when to go, living on the road, border crossings, shipping (across oceans or war zones), organized tours, and much more.

Then there's the 44,000+ pages of invaluable information contributed by our very active Bulletin Board regulars, in over 75 forums, covering route planning, which bike and bike tech, safety on the road, trip transport, paperwork, regional forums, equipment, photography, navigation, communications, bike swaps, and much more.

Last but not least, we have a true global community of motorcycle travellers, with over 650 Horizons Unlimited Motorcycle Travellers Communities established in at least 100 countries around the world, to enable motorcycle travellers, both those on the road and those at home, to meet up with like minded people.

See for yourself, visit http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/

Thanks Chris.It is bit closer this year-never been to one so I decided to go.

Good luck on your surgery-are they going to use a robot?