Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hammerin Hammon

Big Bear weekender, In June

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I want to spend a weekend in june at Big Bear. I want to ride the duallies coarse from last year. Only 20 people finished the coarse in one day. I have been told it is a hard coarse by some people ,But I would like to find out for myself. I want to split it over 2 days. That way we can party at all the cool barrs there. I have spent lots of time training, racing,skiing, and Sno boarding at Big Bear and always had a good time there winter or summer B)

My f350, holds 5 people and 5 bikes with the double joe hauler,lets cement a weekend and go up to my place in arrowhead as a base camp then head over to bigbear in the morning,20 miles away, the weekend of june 2nd is out of the question cuz the bigbear choppers party is that weekend at snow summit, im stoked you got the roll charts, ive always wanted to do that ride.

I would like to be in on this. Depending on what weekend you decide. I have my own transportation and place to stay. Depending on how big the crowd is at SCHWINN's place some can stay with me. I have a house in crestline. I need to learn the trails up there for future rides!

The Big Bear Rally is June 23/24 this year....Jarrett (my son) and I will be riding in it as we've done the last couple of years......we don't ride all of the hard way options but you're right, these guys are known for making the hard ways.....well......hmmmm....."HARD" (that's why they give a finishers plaque to the tried and tested few who can pull it off in one day - 7(?) "check in" stations along the way to verify all hard ways have been ridden)……

It would be a good idea to split this over a couple of days cuz if you don’t it’s a BIG/LONG day……we've seen several riders come in after dark each year we've gone.....and these were guys who started at ~7am......

Maybe Jarrett and I will see a few of you there this year for the organized event on the easy ways....and perhaps one or two hard ways......

Big Bear Run Dual Sport Ride

Last years day two route was a bore after the gas stop (to lighten up on every one after the day one punishment of the hard ways) and not worth the time after the gas stop.....but there was some good scenery/trail riding prior to the gas stop on day 2.....so if you ride last year's day two route, in addition to the day one hard ways, just reverse it once you gas up.......otherwise you're left with ~30-40 miles of fire road......

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Sorry, looks like I over booked June. I forgot about the Baja 500 1st. weekend of june. :(

I will be riding to Ensenada to watch the race and cheer on tean HONDA. :(

I am now thinking that I will do the big bear ride on the 23/24. Still not determined if I will be going with the family up to our house or solo. It would be nice to ride with a group from SDAR. I am in either way.

I'd like to get in on a ride up there. Name the weekend. Can I get a ride? I'll bring spare tubes.