Sign in to follow this  
tntmo

Mini Adventure Touring

My daughter has been complaining about gas prices and the hassle of parking at college lately. I started looking for a small motorcycle for her, she rode a Honda scooter and a CRF230 to high school so she has riding experience.

I decided to try to find another small dual-sport so we'd have something for the desert later this year. I found this 1989 Honda NX250 and decided it should fit the bill nicely. Pretty fun bike to ride with liquid cooled single and a six speed transmission. The first tank of gas is about 70mpg so I think she will be happy.

nx250.jpg

Definitely an interesting bike, ha here's mine. Still not running but at least I have all the parts now. Fly aluminum bars, Supertrapp exhaust, Suzuki SV650S rear shock and XR400R rear fender. I have brand new front and rear street tires ready to put on as well. It might look better with a different headlight, fork skins and a white SuMo front fender. I gotta fix this soon and either sell it or give it to my brother.

I'd definitely be interested in talking shop on the NX.

post-14322-094045600 1315346882_thumb.jp

Let me know if you want a hand with that thing.

80mpg on the last tank, and a grand total of $9 a year to insure this beast. I don't mind smaller bikes with economy like that.