Sign in to follow this  
karlaeda

Offroadin' strom!

Thought I'd share, I'm getting really antsy to ride this thing on dirt...I have spent few months getting the bike to where it needs to be with regards to the engine and finally am ready to continue on to get it to the point where I can ride easy trails.

Bike was sitting for a few years - so a lot needed to be done.

Anyhow, finally got the new shoes and did the brakes while at it.

Crash bars, skid plate, and side case mounts are coming in a few weeks!

IMAG0722sm.jpg

IMAG0724sm.jpg

IMAG0725sm.jpg

There is my bragging post for the day.

-George

I like it! Very nice. You should check out KTMRAD's old post on his Alaska adventure aboard a Vstrom. Very inspiring.

I like it! Very nice. You should check out KTMRAD's old post on his Alaska adventure aboard a Vstrom. Very inspiring.

Thanks Ben....

Here's my Alaska V-Strom Adventure Ride LINK

Randy, I just got through reading your post on your Alaska trip. To say that I am green with envy would be an understatement! Funny thing is I logged in here to do a little research on the KTM 990 Adventure and the Wee-strom and I see that you own the KTM and rode the Wee for a couple of weeks. I hope you can help me out with some input. I'm currently looking to add an Adv bike to my garage for longer rides with slab that my WR450 just isn't the right fit for. I'm trying to decide between a new Wee or a used 990 since they are both in about the same price range. My riding will probably be 75/25 slab/dirt as well as 2-up with my wife on occassion. I tend to like the technical stuff in the dirt, which I know a bid Adv bike is not the best for, but I'll probably be pushing the bike in terms of terrain. Is the dirt prowess of the KTM worth what you give up on the pavement and vice versa for the Wee? Same question for the higher maintenance KTM vs the turn the key and ride Wee? Any input would be appreciated.