papaalex

Hixon trail on Saturday 04/27/07

Hi all,

we'll be riding Hixon/Bautista trail tomorrow...see "Directions to Bautista/Hixon trail" topic for details. If we have time and energy left, we can include NF-5S15-Bautista Rd. loop as well.

Meet 9:00 AM on Bautista Rd. by Hixon trailhead, it's about 5 miles from Fairview Ave. look for silver Nissan Frontier/yellow DR 650.

See you there

Alex (858)414-7874.

Alex, I will meet you there. I have room on my trailer for an additional bike, if some one wants to ride along. I am in Vista, near where the Carlsbad raceway was. If you and your bike want a ride PM me for directions. It looks like some good riding, can't wait. :i-m_so_happy:

If any one has these trails, or other trails in that area in a GPS file I would appreciate you sharing them.

Please, take a look at ride descriptions in "Directions to Bautista/Hixon trail" topic before you go, to make sure that your riding skills are up to the certain level for that type of terain. This ride is not recommended to novice riders.

Alex.

Please, take a look at ride descriptions in "Directions to Bautista/Hixon trail" topic before you go, to make sure that your riding skills are up to the certain level for that type of terain. This ride is not recommended to novice riders.

Alex.

OK... compare this trail to something I know... Kernan Cycle Trail? Otay? Phantom Trail?

Alex.

OK... compare this trail to something I know... Kernan Cycle Trail? Otay? Phantom Trail?

I have not been there, but from those pictures in Thumper talk, it looks like pushing my limits :)

papa

The harder the trail the better.java script:emoticon(':)', 'smid_4')

:D I'm in. I will be in a White Toyota Tundra with the old reliable XR400...

The Allesandro trail sounds like fun to..

These are the directions from the other post

Take 15N to Winchester in Temecula (right)

Winchester to Domenigoni Pkwy (right)

Domenigoni Pkwy to S. Sanderson (left)

S. Sanderson to W. Florida Ave. (right)

W. Florida Ave. to Fairview (right)

Fairview to Bautista Rd. (left)

The Hixon Trailhead is off Bautista Rd.

Hi all,

we'll be riding Hixon/Bautista trail tomorrow...see "Directions to Bautista/Hixon trail" topic for details. If we have time and energy left, we can include NF-5S15-Bautista Rd. loop as well.

Meet 9:00 AM on Bautista Rd. by Hixon trailhead, it's about 5 miles from Fairview Ave. look for silver Nissan Frontier/yellow DR 650.

See you there

Alex (858)414-7874.

Sounds like fun to me. I haven't ridden Hixon since last August and I have only ridden Alessandro 3 times because I am always riding by myself and I feel that this is not a good trail to ride alone on. My TE 450 is not ready for the job due to suspension being too stiff, but my good old KLX 300 is up to task. I'll try to make it. It'll be fun getting to watch other riders navigate this stuff. It is about 55 miles from my place, so I'll try not to oversleep and be there on time.

The more the merrier, should be awsome. If you guys have small cameras bring them. Mine is so old it has a tripod and a hood to go over your head when you focus. :) Ken

Ooo Boy...all you guys will be on mountain bikes :) ...I and my fat pig might need some extra push behind from time to time:D

See you tomorrow

papa