carguy

DUI hit and run

San Diego police are investigating a suspected felony DUI, hit-and-run crash that occurred in Rancho Bernardo on Sunday afternoon. Crash investigators say 21-year-old Jessica Bloom rear-ended Gunnery Sgt. Dave Smith while he was stopped at a red light on his motorcycle.

Bloom is accused of speeding away to a nearby condo complex where she was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving. Smith, who is stationed at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot near Old Town, was taken to the Palomar Medical Center in Escondido. He is being held in the Intensive Care Unit in critical condition, according to his fiancée.

Smith is a decorated Marine who was awarded the Bronze Star with valor. He has served in the military for 17 years and completed four tours of duty overseas.

Bloom is being held in jail. Her bail is set at $100,000.

Please look behind you at red lights and be ready to go if the oncomming driver is approching too fast. I am almost always in gear ready to go at lights for this type of thing.

Be Safe folks.

good tip... I always try to line up behind a car, but in the gap... use cars as your protection when possible

Hope he heals

good tip... I always try to line up behind a car, but in the gap... use cars as your protection when possible

Hope he heals

+1

I'm so paranoid I go to the front of the line at a light if possible, I don't know the legality of that though.

I go to the front of the line at a light if possible, I don't know the legality of that though.

Does it matter ? :heh:

I usually go to the front also, unless I see an LEO nearby.