Bagstr

Tail Light Options?

The repairs keep coming at the rear of this bike. At full compression the tire grabs the plate,,,and the rest is history!

P10005391000w-L.jpg

I have been looking at the offerings from Baja Designs and Siccass. $80 -$90.

Red LED preferred but a small profile incandescent is good as well. Hoss has sourced a set-up out of Oceanside that may work. The key is small

light and a small tab the plate can be attached. I have the rubber plate back plate. Let's see your ideas,,,PLEASE.

At full compression the tire grabs the plate,,,and the rest is history!

in which case you need TWO things- new taillight/plate holder and a new rear spring. Might as well have it revalved as well. And while you're at it, you should do the front, too.

Total cost- cheap, just over $1000. blush.gif

You know I had this problem on a couple of your rides but mostly cuz I had all that weight of tools directly on the fender. I went with the " sicass " company and same blinkers you have.

KTMsupermoto1.jpg

toolbox001.jpg

On my 530EXC I had same problem so I bought a Baja Designs LED light and bolted that above plate both on a flat piece of about 3mm thick plastic then cut away the bottom half the KTM plate mount and bolted my new "assembly" to the remaining top half of the KTM plate mount so it's about 45 degrees. Works great and had no problems since, oh and I also got the same Sicass LED rear blinkers so nice clean setup now.

I had the Sicass set up before the assembly I have now....wadded it up

A few positive notes on this setup

~ Original KTM parts...the plate holder is stock 450EXC etc. part.

~ Super strong...has the "finger indents" for lifting the rear of the bike by hand

~ Bright LED light that is plug and play from stock harness

~ installs in minutes with no modifications needed

Bummer about it....if I remember correctly, I also purchased a lic. bracket from him so that my plate was horizontal. (bummer is $)

Paul will talk your ear off...but you will be happy with what you get from him. He may be a member on this site by now. I guess he has ridden with Reed, Steve and others here (not the Steve that seems to know everybody and is named after a bicycle).

Please pm or drop me an email ns_c@sbcglobal.net or even give me a call at 760 - 828 -2625 if you have any questions.

Paul Williams

BTW...when I took these pictures I didn't notice there were 2 screws missing in the rear. Now that the screws are installed the tailight fits perfect in the rear fender. So there is no gap between the rear fender and tailight now.

SAM_0970.jpg

SAM_0971.jpg

SAM_0972.jpg