Hi, my name is Lance and I'm glad I found this forum. I have owned sport bikes and dirt bikes but never a dual purpose. So I chose to purchase a Kawasaki KLR 650 recently. It's a little different than what I'm used to, but I'm getting more and more used to it with each ride. I hope to go riding with some of you guys soon. Unfortunately I'm still breaking in the engine. Oh well, all in good time.

Welcome Lance, this is a great place to get into and motivated on riding your new KLR, pretty soon that's all you'll want to do. There's quite a few KLR owners that hang around here. Check the signatures for equipment of choice.

We've got a little shin-dig coming up on the 5th you may want to check out. If not be sure to check out the local rides section and get out and ride.

Jon

Guest Hammerin Hammon

From on the beach in Carlsbad, welcome, B)

Welcome XplorinTJ! B) You found a good group here. Lots of people ready to ride anytime, and always willing to introduce new riders to Dual Sporting. The Informal Local Ridfes section will have what you're looking for, so check-in often. B)

A lot of guys buy a KLR to get their feet wet and wind up 2 years later riding the thing around the world :) Don't be shy, jump in, it's addicting whether you're riding a new hotness or a bucket of bolts...nothing like it, and your always welcome, plenty of advice floating around, some honed over barley derivatives, some of questionable origin, some from years of experience, some just plain make you look stupid on film...you decide which is which...welcome!

some honed over barley derivatives, some of questionable origin, some from years of experience, some just plain make you look stupid on film...you decide which is which...welcome!

Nicley said uncle c and I agree, welcome!

I do have a camera.