I've checked the weather reports and it looks to be a nice day out there.

I like the single track and small rock climbs. I'm a new rider but would like to go as quickly as possible while still being safe.

I like ripping around the (mini track) at the bottem or bouncing up the "hill" 10 times in a row. (never gets old)

Throw in a million runs through all the whoops and that makes for a good day!

Starting around 8 would be good. I've been doing right around 65 miles when I go out. (total)

If you think you might make it out let me know, or if you just show up and want to say hi; I'm driving the Green Yukon.

Later

I am a "maybe"... I need a personal health day after my day today

IF I can get the WR dialed in tonight (some basic maintenance stuff) I will be out there shortly after 8 with a blue WR and red F150

I am a "maybe"... I need a personal health day after my day today

IF I can get the WR dialed in tonight (some basic maintenance stuff) I will be out there shortly after 8 with a blue WR and red F150

Very nice. I'll keep an eye out for you.

I was out there Monday with a buddy........not a soul to be seen (after a bonehead move of forgetting my helmet Sunday) mad.gif

It was a great day of riding, with the trails to ourselves.....and the weather was awesome!!

Hope you had a good ride, looking to get out there again the 21st or 22nd

trying to get a little red sticker in before the season ends

maybe we could hook up

I was out there Monday with a buddy........not a soul to be seen (after a bonehead move of forgetting my helmet Sunday) mad.gif

It was a great day of riding, with the trails to ourselves.....and the weather was awesome!!

Hope you had a good ride, looking to get out there again the 21st or 22nd

maybe we could hook up

Today was also very nice weather. About 75 degrees with light winds. I rode from about 9 to 4. There was a quad out there for awhile and one other Moto.

Let me know when you can get out again. I'm avail. Mon-Fri. I usually take the weekends off.

I'll make sure you bring the helmet next time......

The red sticker season ended on the last day of April for this area.

Vic- hope you didn't wait around for me...I got up at 6 to do an oil change on the WR, and got a late start....then at 715 the calls from work started...and kept on until 11

Oil change is done...except for adding oil, but not riding until Sunday now...bummer

Glad you got a good ride in...

The red sticker season ended on the last day of April for this area.

That's what I was going to say. CARB Riding Seasons Corral Canyon is on page 3

They actually check at Corral Canyon on occasion too - be careful out there!

That's what I was going to say. CARB Riding Seasons Corral Canyon is on page 3

They actually check at Corral Canyon on occasion too - be careful out there!

Slight sidebar:

I know McCain is until Apr 30. I could've sworn I read somewhere else online that Pine Valley was only open one month in Dec and Corral Canyon in February? If its really open until April 30 then I missed out this season!

wow thanks for the heads up.......dont know why I thought it was 5/31

thats what I get for working the whole desert season.......):

still would like to make it out there again, will use the EXC

thanks again

wow thanks for the heads up.......dont know why I thought it was 5/31

Probably because most of the lower desert is open till the end of May for red sticker.

Pine Valley area falls into the same season as Corral Canyon, McCain, San Jacinto, Big Bear/Pinnacles and even Wildomar.

This is one of the reasons that I love the Kern Plateau so much. Not only is it a spectacular mountain paradise for scenery, trail riding and trout fishing, but red sticker bikes can be ridden up there all summer long. :party: Too bad it's such a long drive....

Slight sidebar:

I know McCain is until Apr 30. I could've sworn I read somewhere else online that Pine Valley was only open one month in Dec and Corral Canyon in February? If its really open until April 30 then I missed out this season!

The National Forest website was never updated to reflect the new CARB dates (linked above) and is incorrect:

Cleveland National Forest - Recreational Activites

While green sticker vehicles are permitted to ride in these areas year round, red sticker operation is limited to specific dates which are as follows:

Corral Canyon, December 1 through January 31

Wildomar, December 1 through February 28/29

As I understand it, the whole green/red sticker crap is set by CARB, not by the land agencies.

Vic- hope you didn't wait around for me...I got up at 6 to do an oil change on the WR, and got a late start....then at 715 the calls from work started...and kept on until 11

Oil change is done...except for adding oil, but not riding until Sunday now...bummer

Glad you got a good ride in...

I did hang out in the parking area 'till about 9. Did a short loop then checked back one more time for ya.

No worries as I know you were slotted as just a "maybe" anyways.

Next time forget the phone charger a few days in advance... that will eliminate the chances for a spoiled ride!

We will try again another time.

Take care

Glad you had a good ride, I was out there tuesday with couple of friends and was great, cool and low wind, bit dusty for sure as rain that came in didn't seem to get that far again although there's still some water running in places, always fun.

Glad you had a good ride, I was out there tuesday with couple of friends and was great, cool and low wind, bit dusty for sure as rain that came in didn't seem to get that far again although there's still some water running in places, always fun.

Give me a heads up if you guys go again mid-week. I'd like to tag along.