Exit 77... half day... Easy to intermediate ride... Noob friendly, unless no noobs show up, in which case "it's on!"

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong... stagecoach is ok for a noob?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong... stagecoach is ok for a noob?

smiley-laughing024.gif

it's ok if you're going slow, isn't it? OK... we'll call it an intermediate ride then... the ride up from the mine is Intermediate for sure

Noobish should be fine for stagecoach but not on a big bike. Just have to take it slowly and may have to walk it on a section or two.

OK- I guess each person can decide for themselves... no, Josh... I wouldn't suggest this for a V strom

Wow, after watching those videos I'd swear that the trail is smooth and flat....compared to the one that I experienced in person. :o

I guess it's true what they say about the camera flattering it's subject. :coolio:

would have joined you but i'll be up in big bear snowboarding.

Is that trail really steep or something? Probably just the video, but the trail does not look too difficult?

Enduro Only?

KTM 300 plated

Or CRF 450R Dirt Bike

would have joined you but i'll be up in big bear snowboarding.

Is that trail really steep or something? Probably just the video, but the trail does not look too difficult?

I do not feel that trail is that tough, no...easy? No, but ridable by anybody that is just a little aggressive, or tall enough to touch their feet down- that video does flatten the trail somewhat, but part of that is rexr's speed...he was haulin' pretty good, so forward motion minimizes the bumpiness...

I think the trail to the overlook is tougher, for sure...that trail is solid intermediate

I do not feel that trail is that tough, no...easy? No, but ridable by anybody that is just a little aggressive, or tall enough to touch their feet down

Nuff said for me and my short legs. ^_^

Is this the same ride we did with Spaugh and Briana 5-31-10..It was a blast.

What time Slut?? I might have to bring the YZ down since I am still waiting on the suspension for the Husky to come back from the tuner..

I was thinking around 8...if its raining, I'll make it 9...

Jon- consider yourself penciled

Schwinn Inn? I mean "in"?

Spaugh and jbw know the area better than I, but I have fun even when lost

You said half day so does that mean back at the trucks by noon? I have an afternoon engagement I have to get back to?

You sound so dignified "I have an engagement demanding my attention"...you're gonna watch motocross and drink beer huh?

Yeah- back to trucks by noon

Sweet.. Pencil me in..

Father-in-laws birthday.. Then beer and super cross..

I'm new to SDAR, but an old, experienced rider. If you don't mind a new guye, exactly where and when will you meet?

Welcome to the club! There is an info sign, just South (along the frontage road) of I-8 just West of the In Ko Pah exit...mile marker 77 of the freeway.

When I get to a real computer I'll try to download some coordinates

http://mapq.st/fcC23H

see if that works... I'm retraded

Me and Uncle Champ did the stage coach and I was on the good 'ol KLX650. Pretty steep and very rough. The slow going caused my bike to get a bit hot but other than that it was fine. You should def have some rocky trail experience. I would say intermediate for sure.

Can you imagine wagon teams pulling that hill loaded down with everything? Our fore fathers sure had some balls!

Can you imagine wagon teams pulling that hill loaded down with everything? Our fore fathers sure had some balls!

THAT is actually one of my favorite reasons for riding this trail... as you look over to the drop off side, on your modern marvel (or even a Honda XRL- sorry Ahmed... I had to) of machinery... 11+ inches of travel, pneumatic tires, 40 hp, cushy seat, etc. Last time, I think rex and I did the whole trail in 10 minutes or so. I'll bet it took a wagon 2 days... and they had to replace broken wheels, find water, set up camp, etc.

Every time I ride that trail, I marvel at their persistence and guts in just attempting such a trip... man... the East Coast must really suck to attempt THAT journey just to get away from it

:lol:

please send hate mail to bikeslut.com... I'm totally kidding... but they were incredible people :party:

Jacumba is a fun area and I would like to join but I will be flying to Europe that day.