DigDug

Anza Borrego Weekday Ride

It seems as though we have a few takers for a Wed, 16 Mar ride so I'll start a thread.

I'd like to explore some of the other areas in the park besides what we typically ride. Maybe some of the side canyons off Fish Creek, but I'm up for whatever the area experts think would be fun (bagstr?)

Why don't we plan on meeting at the Pinyon Mountain trailhead (GOOGLE MAPS LINK HERE) at 9am, riding shortly after that.

Like I said, I'm open to routes, so we can either figure that out in this thread or even on the fly tomorrow.

I will see you at the Trail Head.

Note: The area we will be riding involves Sand, Steps, Drops/Climbs and Deep Sand. Love to have everyone along, but please be comfortable in the SAND. No one gets left behind, all are welcome. Be able to change your flats. It will be close to 90d so bring plenty of Agua.

1204749606_UQkQc-L.jpg

Most likely IN. You guys mind PM'ing me some phone numbers as a just in case? Or is there even any cell service in that area to work with?

sounds like a good time to me. got a couple questions...

bagstr, is this area prone to flats? i've put 26k on my ktm and had only 1 flat -- in arlington, va, go figure! i don't have tire levers or a pump. i do know how to do the work if needed...

digdug, i live right down the road from you. if you're trailering and have room, do you mind if i hop a ride with you? i can kick some funds for gas your way.

sounds like a good time to me. got a couple questions...

bagstr, is this area prone to flats? i've put 26k on my ktm and had only 1 flat -- in arlington, va, go figure! i don't have tire levers or a pump. i do know how to do the work if needed...

digdug, i live right down the road from you. if you're trailering and have room, do you mind if i hop a ride with you? i can kick some funds for gas your way.

I've got levers and a pump I'll be bringing out. I'm in the same boat as far as getting out there.

Gents,

Really not trying to be negative or a pain ( really ) I merely want folks to know what they are getting into. Some like to "air down", and believe me there Are angular rocks out in the Dez that will give you a Pinch flat in a mili-second. Folks don't usually get flats, no the area is not prone to such. Do I want to change your tire??blink.gif 75-100 miles, gas only if we decide to travel through Borrego Springs.

My rig has only a Joe Hauler Rail for One Moto, so no help to anyone.

We Typically have great rides and great folks drag themselves out to these remote locations for kicks. Squeeze, Ledges, Heart Attacks ( the correct direction ) Fairchild Teaser, Sand and Deeep Sand. Looking forward to seeing you all.

1207964947_zJyS5-L.jpg

Looks like I may be able to borrow a small pickup for tomorrow. Shift....if your interested in grabbing the other seat, your more than welcome.

i'm well aware of pinch flats, snake bites, etc., just wanted to know if the area had cactus or something known to pierce tires on the reg. no one is asking anyone to change tires for them. i just don't have the tools on hand. sounds like belnapair has me covered if i need them tho. that's all i was asking...

i have a suburban and a trailer i could take 4 people and their bikes with. i just find it foolish for 5 people to take 5 vehicles (typically getting less than 15mpg) to the same place if some live close by rather than ride sharing. it never hurts to ask. well, usually.

I've got levers and a pump I'll be bringing out. I'm in the same boat as far as getting out there.

i can trailer us out or we can meet up and ride. i'm game for either. gimme a call before midnight if you wanna work something out. 7.0.3.7.1.7.1.7.8.9. i'm nate btw. i'm heading out for the meeting and prolly won't be back until 9-10.

Looks like I may be able to borrow a small pickup for tomorrow. Shift....if your interested in grabbing the other seat, your more than welcome.

just saw this after i posted. gimme a call please. we'll finger something out. :good:

Sorry I have been away from the site. It looks like bagstr has answered the questions about the terrain. I will be leaving from the Bonsall area around 7am and have room for one in the truck. Driving out 76.

My number is in the members only section, but I don't get cell coverage at the trailhead. See everyone in the morning. I will check the site before going to bed to see if anyone has any other questions or wants to make their way to bonsall and take the extra spot in my truck.

digdug, belnapair and i have transport worked out. looking forward to seeing you all at the trailhead at 9.