KLXBEN

2000 KDX220

Traded the KLX650 for this 2000 KDX220 that been pumped up. Lots of goodies like Scotts stabilizer, IMS tank, aluminum handguards, FMF Gnarly pipe and silencer. Runs real good pulls hard just needs the jets adjusted. Street legal and registered till August. I plan on putting my 16 year old on it whenever his mom lets him get his permit (she is a little freaked out).I tell her it will be fine but she does not like the thought of her 16y/o on a bike on the street. I said it will be on the dirt way more than street. Did'nt help. Maybe Mimi will know what the jet size should be with the FMF pipe and big bore kit to 244cc. I have not pulled the bowl to see what it is now but will soon.

Benpost-13344-063828600 1299966099_thumb.jp

Nicely done! There are several of us on the board with KDX's, but Mimi is def the expert to get info from.

First....what seems to be the problem with the powerband and where?

Seems a little boggy in the low end. Well this is what the guy told me " It is jetted for race gas so when you run pump gas its boggy in the bottom end" I didnt know there was a difference. I rode it and it pulled real good in the power band. All the older 2 strokes I have had bogged before power band but my '89 rmx it pulls all the way through. I will know more after tomorrows ride and post up the results. Also idling seems an issue.

Ben

Seems a little boggy in the low end. Well this is what the guy told me " It is jetted for race gas so when you run pump gas its boggy in the bottom end" I didnt know there was a difference. I rode it and it pulled real good in the power band. All the older 2 strokes I have had bogged before power band but my '89 rmx it pulls all the way through. I will know more after tomorrows ride and post up the results. Also idling seems an issue.

Ben

Idle unsteady? Or just won't idle?

Ben

Idle unsteady? Or just won't idle?

So far it wont idle. I tried turning the screw but it didnt seem like anybody was home. The seller said it would idle when it warmed up but I havent had a chance yet to really ride it. I am taking it to corral canyon tomorrow with BS and some other guys. Why dont you come on out also and check it out.

So far it wont idle. I tried turning the screw but it didnt seem like anybody was home. The seller said it would idle when it warmed up but I havent had a chance yet to really ride it. I am taking it to corral canyon tomorrow with BS and some other guys. Why dont you come on out also and check it out.

Sorry, I'd like to go out there, but I can't make it. Sounds like the pilot jet and circuit is dirty to me. It can make the bike run bad off the bottom end also. A good overhaul will probably make everything run nice.

Sorry, I'd like to go out there, but I can't make it. Sounds like the pilot jet and circuit is dirty to me. It can make the bike run bad off the bottom end also. A good overhaul will probably make everything run nice.

Thanks for your input! I will find out more and let you know how it goes. I just feel lucky to have a Kawasaki expert so easily reachable! Ride on.